Web Content Display
Machine to Machine (M2M)
Ever since the creation of our company, the Pentalog embedded systems engineers
have helped industrial companies carry out their activities related to :
- their information system: ERP, BI, telecommunication infrastructure, specific developments, e-commerce,
- their embedded electronics needs: designing Machine to Machine (M2M) equipment, production tools, testing electronic products, specific developments, technological integration, R&D outsourcing.
The economic crisis has had a severe impact on the industrial sector which has had to adapt and find numerous solutions in order to recover. In 2010, the industrial production increased by 5.1% (after having dropped by 31% between February 2008 and February 2009), which confirmed this adaptation, especially on the M2M market.
In order to overcome the crisis, companies have resorted to outsourcing and, more particularly, to nearshore and offshore solutions with the purpose of reducing costs and coping with overloads; they have also adapted production chains in order to customize their products and thus meet customer demands. Pentalog can offer these two solutions through its nearshore
production centers, with the help of its embedded systems engineers
who are used to living up to the "time to market" requirements while observing the quality standards
, as all our processes are ISO 9001:2008 certified.
back to top
Our Machine to Machine (M2M) Expertise
Pentalog has been collaborating for 16 years with industrial companies operating in all types of sectors (M2M, energy, telecommunications, mass consumer goods etc.). Our embedded engineers provide their services along the following stages :
- M2M analysis : they help the R&D department to be more innovative in order to cope with the challenges of sustainable development, with the shorter and shorter market launch deadlines, with the product customization and the international competition,
- M2M design : they contribute their entire know-how for designing the product, the tools that are necessary for its manufacturing, the simulations that are necessary for validation, and they draft the necessary documentation for the production phase,
- M2M manufacturing : the Pentalog embedded systems engineers test the developed products in order to validate their conformity and interoperability, they provide patches (firmware, software),
- M2M logistics : they offer advice, install and customize software for managing supplies and distribution of produced goods, for managing stocks, streamlining transports (see our "Distribution, logistics" business expertise for more details),
- M2M marketing : they offer advice, install and customize software for direct selling, e-Commerce, managing distributors/retailers (see our "E-commerce" business expertise for more details),
- M2M company management : they offer advice and perform actions on the entire information system: human resources, finance, maintenance, recycling, BI etc. (see our "Information Systems Business Line" offers for more details).
back to top
Our Machine to Machine (M2M) Services
Pentalog offers the following types of Machine to Machine (M2M) services:
- Assistance in drafting the expression of needs Machine to Machine (M2M):
Defining the need is undoubtedly the most important step of a project. For different reasons, end users are not always capable of providing a clear and accurate expression of their needs. This is why our consultants will contribute their entire know-how in order to assist you in writing this particularly important document.
- Drafting the specifications Machine to Machine (M2M):
When users have expressed their functional needs, it is essential to write them in a technical language in order to determine the best technical solution to be used. Pentalog can take over this step, thus preventing you from wasting considerable time searching for technologies, components and tools.
- Conception and design Machine to Machine (M2M):
Based on the requirements and specifications, our embedded engineers offer an adapted architecture and design, from chips (ASIC, FPGA) to the different electronic modules making up the equipment (I/O, processing, power etc.).
- Implementing an ERP system Machine to Machine (M2M):
Our teams help our clients in choosing, installing, configuring and customizing the ERP, which will enable to improve the coordination between services, avoid information redundancies, offer a unified view of the status of stocks, orders, manufacturing, and manage a multi-site and multi-currency system.
- Embedded development Machine to Machine (M2M):
Our embedded systems engineers rely on the specifications in order to develop the different software layers: firmware, drivers, HMI, embedded software (see our "Embedded Development" offer for more details),
- Implementing a BI (Business Intelligence) platform Machine to Machine (M2M):
The ability to provide the manager with timely reports containing quality and appropriate information is essential, because this allows him to make the right decision. Depending on the gathered data, our consultants can set up forecast systems which allow to optimize and reduce consumption and costs. This enables decision-makers to come up with business rules that our consultants can implement in order to benefit from automated actions and thus reduce response times (see our "Business Intelligence" offer for more details).
- Testing and maintaining products and solutions, either partially or end-to-end Machine to Machine (M2M):
The solutions that you offer use numerous software and hardware components that need advanced integration tests, rigorous non-regression tests and faster and faster validation tests, all this by offering a support that is accessible and available for your users in order to quickly provide corrective, or even upgradeable patches. Thanks to our international presence (extended working time interval with a possibility of working around the clock), and our knowledge in the IT and electronics fields, our teams can take on the testing and maintenance of both your software and hardware solutions.
back to top
Our Machine to Machine (M2M) Experience
Pentalog High Tech collaborates with clients such as:
- the European leader in mass-market Bluetooth and wifi products : our teams design and perform mass, robustness and compatibility tests for the entire production: Bluetooth® portable stereo soundbox, hands-free kit, Bluetooth® wireless photo frames, Bluetooth® hands-free CD/MP3 car radios
- Coronis (a branch of the ELSTER group) the leader in the field of designing and developing ultra-low power Wireless OEM platforms for monitoring, controlling and reading information: developing and maintaining the software package designed for installing, reading and monitoring power networks:
- developing and maintaining the software package designed for installing, reading and monitoring power networks
- hosting in SaaS mode the software suite for end clients
- One of the five world leaders in 2G and 3G technologies with more than 200 products launched worldwide during the last three years:
- Two "first of kind" product families for which our embedded systems engineers have contributed in all phases: from design to maintenance.
- Support and competence transfer missions (for our client's beneficiaries) in Chile, Brazil, the USA, South Korea, China, India, France, Spain, Germany, Italy, Finland, Poland.
Our embedded systems engineers are specialized in the different sectors of mobile phone life cycle development :
- Hardware: both RF (Radio Frequency) and Base Band
- Software: from low layer hardware drivers (BSP) to the telecom stack (Layer 1 and Protocol Layers), multimedia applications (video and audio) and interface layer applications.
- Validation: specific validation of mobile phones with a large array of competences: integration tests, GCF (Global Certification Forum), field tests and IOTs (interoperability tests).