According to a survey carried out by Gartner Group and Standish Group, 50% to 60% of projects using new technologies turn out to be failures. Such degree of dissatisfaction is due to exceeding costs by 20% in average and deadlines by 40%. In addition, more often than not, end products do not fully meet the initial requirements.
Consistently seeking to increase the quality of deliverables and customer satisfaction, the Pentalog Group created Pentalog Institute in 2011. This institute employs the best technical experts striving your IT project for productivity and quality.
By choosing one of the packs offered by Pentalog Institute, our clients are granted the following :
- a quicker start-up for their project,
- access to high quality technical assistance,
- and the possibility to take part in high level skill trainings.
This strategic choice for your project is very quickly made profitable by increasing the team's speed and by resorting to expert intervention in order to rapidly limit the impact of blocking situations.
Services provided by Pentalog Institute focus on the 4 activities described below :
Assistance to the implementation of the project management platform
Pentalog Institute's consultants use a catalog of configuration models for project follow-up and project management tools compatible with most of the software available on the market. These models have been implemented and optimized as a result of the experience acquired in various projects.
The start-up assistance comprises :
- Project management platform configuration according to the selected methodology: V type sequential cycle or a more agile methodology like SCRUM or Kanban
- Training of Pentalog's and Client's teams for the use of the platform
- Installation of a continuous integration platform
- Implementation of a testing strategy
- Definition of coding rules based on existing repositories that have been adapted and optimized by our consultants
Consulting and assistance for projects
IT projects are often prone to certain time-consuming hazards (lack of compatibility, anomalies etc), which cause delays and thus client dissatisfaction. At Pentalog Institute we consider that these problems are generally connected to an inadequate design or to an ill prepared start-up. Our consulting and assistance activity related to the projects come with 4 solutions to these recurring set of problems:
- Intervention of an expert on a blocking problem for your team. With their objective eye and their experience, experts always put forward a solution committing to a set completion deadline.
- Assistance prior to migration. If you want to change the version of your development language or of your integrated solutions, it is advisable to refer to professionals who will help you identify risks and impacts, and who will provide information on the best migration strategy.
- Performance optimization. The performance of an application shall be determined right from the first code lines. A bad coding shall cause anomalies or, in an insidious way, performance problems. Pentalog Institute's employees are mostly former technicians and their job is to analyze the code of your application, identify the weak points and give you solutions to be implemented in order to solve the problem.
- Assistance for organization. For an endangered project, Pentalog Institute can intervene in order to perform an initial assessment, foresee the changes to be brought and supervise their implementation.
Starting point in order to identify problems or simply to guarantee the maintenance of the high quality level, the audit provided by Pentalog Institute is carried out according to an approved methodology and to strict procedures. These audits are of two types :
- Application audits: the auditor shall perform a detailed code review, a solution architecture review, a verification of the continuous integration configuration, a careful reading of statistics and supervision of the frequency, quality and stability of the builds. At the end of these verifications, Pentalog Institute's auditor shall hand you an audit report containing all weaknesses, strengths and the progress tracks. They shall also communicate to you the improvement suggestions which shall enable you yo increase productivity and reach a high level of excellence in your project.
- Technical audits: the technical audit refers to lower layers of the application like data persistence or ergonomics (webmaster).
The maintenance of a team's competences and the evolution towards state-of-the art technologies require continuous training. Pentalog Institute offers innovating trainings on the latest versions of development languages, best practices of design (design pattern) or project organization methods.
These trainings are organized during the production time of the team and are invoiced at the same rate as a regular man day. If it is the client's wish, he ca also participate in the training free of charge. It is also possible to set up events during a day or one week-end around a common topic for the whole team.
Pentalog Institute offers packs of services that our clients can buy at any stage of the lifecycle of their project in exchange of a few additional euros on the Average Daily Rates of their team.
The standard pack allows us to guarantee the high level of quality and security on your project. It basically includes:
- 6 intervention tickets
- 4 audits
- The intervention of an expert in less than 24h in order to unblock a situation concerning your project
An intervention ticket offers access to consulting and project assistance services or to training services. An audit ticket grants access to a technical audit or to an application audit.
Start Me Up is the ultimate package for ensuring the implementation of your project in less than a week!
This pack includes all services from assistance activities through project management platform implementation.
For a detailed presentation of Pentalog Institute's offer by Cornel Fatulescu, please fill in our form or call 09 70 75 47 61 to set an appointment.