As announced earlier this month, the Pentalog digital platform held a webinar on the 10 mistakes to avoid in mobile app development. It basically sums up common failures in mobile application development projects and the corresponding recommendations on how to avoid making them on your own projects:
Sharing 15 years of experience in product development
The speaker, Jean-Paul Lacombe, is a Pentalog IT project director with 15 years of experience in product development, the last 5 of which have been spent on mobile app development. Jean-Paul’s responsibility as an IT project director is to offer clients assistance on:
- How to set up a proper design and development flow
- How to choose the right technological stack
- How to identify the proper quality strategy
- How to deploy agile methodologies
- How to have the right team structure
- How to deliver high-quality products
He has designed this presentation especially to help you save money and time on your mobile app development projects, lower frustration inside the development team, and finally make better applications. Without going into technical details, the main topics revolve around mobile specific problems related to project kick-off, technical platforms and quality assurance.
What to avoid and what to embrace in mobile app development
Watch the replay to see the mobile solutions to the following real-life mistakes identified by our mobile app development teams:
1. Launching mobile development before having designed screens first
2. Launching mobile development before having the API contracts defined
3. Forcing your customers to install an app from a store
4. Starting Android and iOS native development at the same time
5. Starting a new iOS application in Objective C
6. Using a multiplatform mobile framework, except if you really know what you are doing
7. Testing on emulators only
8. Thinking that all your customers have an iPhone 8 or Galaxy S8
9. Testing only how it works, not how it looks
10. Forgetting about poor lines!
If you are interested in more details on the topic or have questions we haven’t answered yet, contact our experts and find out what they think.
You may also be interested in:
Mobile app development outsourcing: reduce time-to-market!
Designing an app in 6 easy steps
AI in Mobile Applications: The Next Tech Trend
Android vs iOS: Where to Start?