On the occasion of the Solutions Connect event this fall, IBM presented the situation and trends of a fast developing market. I have already tackled these trends in a former article (The new SMAC!), reflections that have been confirmed on this Solutions Connect day. This new article is about maintaining the SMACS by adding the Security dimension to Social-Mobile-Analytics-Cloud.
It is always difficult to decide what conference to attend when having to choose from among 7 different fields. My choices were ...
It’s such a wonderful era that we live in and things go so fast! From public and personal information to information use and digital consumption anywhere and anytime, the conclusion is more than obvious: the unity of time, place and action does no longer correspond to professional or even personal practices. An acronym starts to impose itself under the umbrella of the 4 basic features of these (modern) services – SMAC (Social, Mobile, Analytics, Cloud).
At a closer look, each of ...
Mobility, Cloud computing, IT Budgets and IT Hiring. These are just a few of the subjects in today’s IT Offshore press review! Come and join us on Facebook!
– Expanded IT trade pact would bring huge benefits, study says (March 15, 2012, Computer World)
– IBM moves UK drivers’ private data offshore to datacentre in India (March 19, 2012, Computer Weekly)
– IT managers take on more responsibilities with increased job security (March 15, 2012, Computer Weekly)
– Yahoo to sue Facebook in ...
The conference continued on the vision of 2022 (see my previous post here) by presenting several companies and their innovative solutions. Paul Lee (Deloitte), the chairman of this conference, has asked us for a vote in order to see which of these innovative solutions epitomizes the future:
– EarSmart: enables an object to hear (even in an extreme sound environment). They believe that, in 2022, the voice will be more useful than at the present day. In order to achieve that, ...
The third day of the conference was chaired by Paul Lee, one of Deloitte‘s R&D managers.
The conference speakers were:
– John Donovan, from AT&T
– Erik Kruse, Ericsson’s R&D manager
John got the ball rolling for AT&T’s future in mobility. Nothing new compared to yesterday’s presentation (see my previous post here). Two major points on which John particularly insisted come to my mind:
– Networking of intelligence: AT&T manages a huge amount of Data (Big Data), including personal data as well as anonymous data. ...