Since December 24th 2008 Pentalog is ISO 9001 certified by AFNOR in France (Orléans), Romania (Brasov, Bucharest, Iasi, Cluj), the Republic of Moldova (Chisinau) and Vietnam (Hanoi). An international recognition of Pentalog’s commitment to quality, this certification is the culmination of an improvement process which the company began in September 2007 to increase its internal efficiency and customer satisfaction, meeting two clear expectations:
- increasing the final quality of its software and the solutions that Pentalog offers its customers,
- improving the capacity of Pentalog to support the growth needs of its clients by observing quality regulations.
Browse a list of IT specialists at Pentalog
Front End Developer
Scope of certification
The scope of the Pentalog certification encompasses all the activities that the company offers its customers:
- Software design and development,
- Application maintenance,
- Technical assistance,
- Facilities management,
- Cloud services,
- Business process outsourcing,
- Digital marketing,
Certified Pentalog sites:
- Orléans (main site, company headquarters),
- Pentalog Romania (Brasov, Bucharest, Iasi and Cluj),
- Pentalog Chisinau (Republic of Moldova),
- Pentalog Vietnam (Hanoi).
The ISO 9001 requirement standard provided the framework for our approach. A general standard, the ISO 9001 defines a list of organizational requirements necessary for having a Quality Management System (QMS):
- Management involvement and responsibility,
- Identifying and managing processes which contribute to customer and employee satisfaction,
- Managing risks and opportunities
- Maintaining the acquired experience,
- Continuous improvement.
The QMSs based on ISO 9001, therefore, encourage the company to listen to its customers in order to create a product or service that meets its particular needs, and emphasizes the mastery of skills within the company, optimizing the use of resources through greater staff involvement and improvement of company procedures. Pentalog has chosen ISO 9001 in order to build a broad company base, which will enable it in the future to move towards more specific repositories such as CMMI, ITIL, ISO 27001, or more management-oriented , such as EFQM. The QMS (Quality Management System) of Pentalog provides a more formal work framework based on common methods and tools, implemented consistently by all staff within projects as well as in procurement management, human resources, infrastructure, marketing, sales and communications.
The Pentalog QMS is based on 20 procedures, of which “8 projects” correspond to large areas of expertise of the company. Thirteen procedures are closely associated with them, describing from an organizational point of view, all the various stages of the project (or mission), from beginning to end, regardless of the billing method. These procedures define in particular:
- Project preparation and launch: taking into account the existing resources, risk identification, defining the specific organization of the project (for production, as well as for coordination), planning, team setup and upgrade, preparation of technical resources, identification of external resources and providers, formalization, explanation and validation of organization with the client, starting production activities.
- Project coordination: project monitoring and communication with the client, internal project monitoring and internal communication, reporting and indicators, event management and risk, monitoring contract management team and management, closing the project and satisfaction survey.
- Production cycle (manufacturing):
– software development: specifications, design, plan and test cases, conception, testing phases (unit, integration, validation, final validation), delivery, receipt, warranty and/or maintenance
– application maintenance: scalability, organization according to each type of maintenance (corrective, upgrade, adaptive, preventive), maintenance of knowledge and skills, team rotation, reversibility
– facilities management: scalability, organization based on the different activities (equipment management, user support, on-site interventions, administration etc.), maintenance of knowledge and skills, team rotation, reversibility
– BPO: scalability, organization according to outsourced processes, maintenance of knowledge and skills, team rotation, reversibility
For technical assistance missions, the procedure specifies the organization of follow-up and of customer and employee information from the start until the end of the mission. Within the production process (manufacturing), different levels of testing are set up in order to ensure that the product is in line with customer requirements and that it functions correctly: unit tests, integration tests and internal validation / customer validation tests within software development and maintenance activities; this system is applied to facilities management and BPO activities.
Project quality plan
The particular type of organization implemented by Pentalog in each project, consistent with the procedure based on which it will be developed, is described in a Project Quality Plan (or Quality Assurance Plan). Each PQP project is specific to the project being realized and constitutes the organizational reference of the project, both for the client and for the Pentalog team throughout the life of the project.
Written by the project manager and presented to the customer early in the project, the PQP specifies the mutual working rules that will ensure the smooth running of the project and its outcome, according to the quality criteria and time constraints required by the customer, using working methods that have proved their worth to a considerable extent.
What I appreciate about our collaboration with Pentalog is the quality and stability they have provided since the beginning of the project. I also like how flexible the team is in adapting their skills to our needs, like for example learning about AWS Cloud Formation. I involve them in defining new requirements and we make decisions together.
We chose Pentalog to help us get the flexibility and agility we needed to support our growth, make new digital investments and support new marketing opportunities.
After a rigorous RFP process, Pentalog developed a mobile app that revolutionized how we deliver services.