Major Credit Management CompanyJune 2018 - October 2018
• Worked in an agile team for a major credit management company • Wrote software to manage the transfer of call recording files and metadata to a third party company for analysis. The software was designed to be able to be more robust than the software it replace in coping with error conditions • Involved with making modifications to the statement filters system used to generate financial statements for end clients • Technologies used include ASP .NET MVC / Web API / Visual Studio 2017 / SQL Server / Ninject / Microsoft Test Framework / FICO Debt Manager 9
• Worked in an agile team for a major insurance company, enhancing complicated systems to cope with new and refreshed products • Most products are automatically underwritten using web based interface with small percentage referred for manual underwriting • Technologies used include ASP .NET MVC / Web API / Visual Studio 2017, Oracle DBMS, Java, Magnum Underwriting System and Lissia • In addition made changes an enhancements to company’s timesheet system, Timetracker which uses RavenDB No SQL Database, Angular JS 1.x, ASP .NET MVC / Web API. Was written using a TDD approach, with both unit tests and integration tests written using MS Test
• Worked on website migration project, re-implementing an existing website in EPiServer 10 CMS/ .NET / MVC / SQL Server / Visual Studio 2015 using Git for Source Control with Visual Studio Team Services • Wrote scheduled Jobs to Import Taxonomy Categories, Contacts, Publications, and other types of content exported as XML from an existing CMS. The schedule jobs created Pages/Blocks as appropriate and mapped Taxonomy Categories from the old CMS to EPiServer • Wrote a schedule Job to synchronise ”Volunteer Vacancies” exported as XML from an existing Volunteers Management System as. The schedule job created/updated/and deleted pages based on the content of an XML Feed • Created a number of PageTypes / BlockTypes including Pages/Blocks for asking questions from users and sending the results internally via email
Reed Business InformationNovember 2015 - August 2016
• Managing the Business As Usual Department containing a team of 5 developers and 1 business Analyst • The department is responsible for maintaining a large variety of software, and dealing with maintenance requests as well as live business critical issues • Responsible for managing the performance and appraisal of team members • Responsible for communicating regarding issues to stake holders, and liaising with product owners in order to prioritise issues • Responsible for code quality and release management in a Microsoft environment, using C# .NET/SQL Server+TSQL/Angular JS/ Ninject / Git / Visual Studio / Gerrit / Confluence
House Holdname / Blue Chip in RetailJanuary 2014 - February 2015
• Working for a large bluechip retailer on a massive project to revamp their instore systems. The precise details are subject to a non-disclosure agreement, but include development for hand held scanners • The environment is TDD / Agile and Technologies include .NET Compact Framework / Windows Mobile 5.0 / 6.0 / Ninject / Moq / SQL Server 2012 / WCF
• Writing and enhancing web based applications for new clients using ASP .NET and Entity Framework, using TDD / IOC, Ninject, and Moq. • Rewriting/enhancing a mobile phone app using .Net Compact Framework/Windows Mobile/WCF as well as associated backend data middle tier and backend webservices
• LEAD DEVELOPER at IPD, Market Leading Producer of Financial Data for the Real Estate Sector Worked on a variety of production issues, diagnosing complicated issues connected with both ASP .NET MVC websites and SSIS and DTS packages • Issues difficult to diagnose in cases due to lack of diagnostic information and the fact that UAT and Production environments not completely, meaning that some issues could not be reproduced in the UAT environment
British Heart FoundationOctober 2012 - February 2013
- I worked on part of the “PC Tills Project”, due to be rolled out in 2013. The project is designed to allow 700 charity shops to switch from using paper to electronically processing administrative information such as invoices - I was responsible for implementing a SQL Server Integration Services Package (SSIS) which exports Delivery Driver invoices from PC Tills to the SUN 4 financial system and later SUN 6, thus ensuring payment - The SSIS package includes a considerable amount of logic to check financial data - I was also responsible for implementing 19 SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) Database Reports, designed for use by area managers and staff in the finance department - During my time working for the charity, I met with others in the organization and played a full role in refining user requirements and writing technical specifications
basildon and thurrock hospitalAugust 2012 - October 2012
- Worked for an NHS trust substantially updating “ClinicLetters”, a Microsoft Word addin written in C# / Visual Studio Tools for Office using Windows Forms and with a WCF / SOA webservices architecture and a SQL Server/T-SQL store procedure based backend, and compatible with Word 2003/2007/2010 - Medical secretaries use a wizard in the addin to create/modify letters to GPs and patients. It includes functionality to search for letters and workflow. Via additional web services allows users to electronically send approved letters to GPs - I was responsible for implementing business requirements according to specification, to schedule
- Worked for a large consultancy in a team on an Agile project creating a website for a venue/bar leisure company using the DotNetNuke CMS and Microsoft Azure - Produced use cases, user stories, and technical designs for the data model
- Worked in a development role in a large development team on mortgage processing software for clients - Software uses a large number of in-house components written in .NET 4 and C# which communicate via web services with data stored in backend SQL Server Databases - Involved with writing front end wizards using WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation) and some windows forms.
International Planned Parenthood FederationJuly 2004 - January 2011
- Worked in a development role in a small team for a large international sexual and reproductive health charity with 6 regional offices and a presence in over 150 countries - Played a key role in recruitment including setting technical tests, assessing C.Vs, and being on the interview panel for a number of roles within IPPF - Responsible for technical direction and mentoring of freelance software developers - Responsible for architecture / enhancement / maintenance and integration of Internal Management System (eIMS), IPPF Website, and other software used within IPPF - Liaised with an external agency on completion of new IPPF website, and played a key role in ensuring completion to IPPF's satisfaction, and in the area of integration with existing systems - Responsible for promoting professional standards, such as the use of source control - Liaised with colleagues in other departments to determine user requirements, priorities, and time-scales. - Liaised with colleagues in the IT department in order to deploy software solutions
- Worked for a Software Development Company specialising in software for publishers - Maintained Konnect Soft’s web servers. This included periodically applying patches. - Enhanced Konnect Soft’s content management system
- Worked as part of a multidisciplinary team for the New Media division of world leading advertising agency M&C Saatchi. - Developed and maintained websites for a variety of blue chip clients - Worked on an Intranet Website for the Events and Hospitality division of KPMG. Completed PerfectFit, a pet food website for Mars/Masterfoods aimed at the Austrian market. I was also involved with implementing the Rover / MG websites
- Worked for Demon Internet, one of the largest ISPs in the country at the time, in the Projects and Development department, writing software to support the business.
Microsoft C-SHARP, Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft .NET Technology, Microsoft Windows 2000 Server, Active Server Pages, Microsoft ASP.NET, Windows Presentation Foundation, Microsoft Visual Studio.NET, Windows Communiciation Foundation, Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Waterfall Methodology, Data Modelling, Visual Test, IT Consultancy, Billing Systems, Microsoft Transact-SQL, Nuke, Test-Driven Development, Web Application Development, csla, DBMS, Responsive web design, Content Management System, Version Control, Front End, Back End, Data Transformation Services
As Pentalog’s Talent Sourcing branch, SkillValue relies on a pool of 400,000+ Tech & Marketing Specialists – including 15,000+ Freelancers, a comprehensive catalog of IT assessments, available projects and job opportunities. Our SkillValue consultants are always ready and willing to help you boost your career.
Stay in the know with Pentalog tech & business updates
WHAT WE'RE ABOUT
Pentalog is a digital services platform dedicated to helping companies access world-class software engineering and product talent. With a global workforce spanning more than 16 locations, our staffing solutions and digital services power client success.