Azure Data Engineer
within an American multinational technology corporation.
SharePoint Team Lead & Tech Lead
- Designing, building, integrating data from various resources, and managing big data.
- Writing complex queries, making sure it works smoothly, and optimizing the performance of the company’s big data ecosystem.
- Running ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) on top of big datasets and creating big data warehouses that can be used for reporting or analysis by data scientists.
- Creating Azure Analysis Services Tabular Models as well as Power BI reports.
- Making use of various tools like Python, PowerShell, Azure Functions, Azure Logic Apps, etc. to automate processes and flows.
(June 2018 - August 2019)
- As the team leader and technical lead of the team, I helped my team in difficult/complex scenarios both political and technical and secured service quality by ensuring that all dependent processes and frameworks are in place or implemented and known to the team.
issues in the following areas:
Microsoft Services Consultant
- Clarified the scope of our support (A vendor of IBM was to support all out of the box SharePoint issues while my team was only responsible for custom code applications).
- Clarified points of contact for each customer application on both sides CLIENT & IBM.
- Improved team internal communication and collaboration.
- Improved Initial response SLA (tracked the queue to ensure incidents are not unassigned).
- Improved Resolution SLA and due dates (organized meetings to summarize progress and follow-up on all the work).
- Code management platform (installed SVN and tortoise client application).
- Provided weekly activity and performance reports to IBM and CLIENT management.
- Writing documentation and planning activities lead me to perform roles similar to a project manager and I'm always eager to organize, improve and clarify complex scenarios.
(March 2017 - June 2018)
- Designing, building and maintaining cloud environments focusing on uptime, access, control, and network security using automation and configuration management tools.
- The scope for this project is the migration of an SSIS solution to Azure using Data Lake, USQL, Analysis Services, and other Azure technologies and services.
- TFS is used to drive the execution, monitoring and control of the Sprints (Agile) as well as to organize and control the code (USQL, PowerShell, etc.).
(March 2016 - March 2017)
As a consultant
I accompany and advise IBM's clients by:
- Creating technical concepts.
- Supporting migration processes.
- Analyzing business requirements
- Performing cost/feasibility studies and assessing technical solutions.
- Designing and implementing solutions.
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation.
- Investigating, analyzing, documenting and correcting reported defects.
- Contributing ideas for products and the business.
- Interacting with customers during solution delivery projects.
- Proactively researching new technologies and advising on their use.