for an award winning agency specialized in building apps for iOS and Android for over a decade.
- I have been an iOS developer for 3 and a half years at the company where I started
my mobile development journey, learning from a passionate mentor.Key Aspects
- the common architecture for all projects is ModelView ViewModel, with the Coordinator pattern for handling navigation.
- our target is to keep a >99% crash free rate (with most small apps at 100%).Projects
1. Accurate Location Identification Application
- Actively working
in a team of 3 on an application which reinvents the way people talk about location. Proud of anAppStore rating of 4.8 out of 5 (from 5.6K Ratings), and that it was featured in the UK AppStore. My key accomplishments
- Designed and integrated a custom app architecture, with a C++ core we are using in both iOS and Android.
- Designed and implemented a generic map module.
- Built a photo processing feature.
- Brought our iPad app to the Mac, by taking part in an Apple Catalyst training event.
- Accessibility: Implemented full app support for dynamic types, voice-over and voice control.
- Built the corresponding Watch App and Complication.
- Regularly worked on building quick prototypes for new UI interaction explorations (e.g. a CarPlay prototype).
- UI testing.
- Worked with the Vision framework for text detection.
2. Augmented Reality Gamified Content Creation Application
Currently in charge
of iOS on this project, me and our intern are working
on an augmented reality social media app. My role
- Used ARKit's image, plane detection, people occlusion.
- Evaluated RealityKit and SceneKit for the challenge of precisely placing large-scale content.
- Video post-processing with Corelmage (users can apply filters, watermarks and soundtracks).
- Smooth and efficient autoplaying videos UITableView.
- Implemented a dynamic AR objects download system
- Composing Metal rendered pixel buffers for recording.
- Managed a workflow of daily build uploads, so our clients can test the changes on site.
3. Running Coach Application
a team of three, for developing a running coach app:
- Main technical challenge: the timer and audio cues.
- Handled all the communication with the client.
- Worked closely with Apple UI experts for polishing the app to be featured in the UK appstore.
- Worked with StoreKit for In App Purchases.
- HealthKit integration.
4. Casino Application
- Alongside a colleague, developed an AI-powered casino app:
- GraphQL for networking (taking advantage of subscriptions for custom in-app notification center).
Great focus on custom UICollectionView layouts.
Custom payments implementation (DevCode API).
Extensive event tracking.
iOS, Swift, Vision Framework, ARKit, RealityKit, SceneKit, Corelmage, UITableView, HealthKit, UICollectionView, DevCode API, StoreKit