for an online fashion company.
- PHP Developer
for Business Tools.
- Building internal tools used by the company (e.g. site management tool, customer management tool) as well as worked on the main web shop.
- Worked mainly on back-end projects, but also on Full Stack & DevOps projects.
- Building PHP applications using PHP based frameworks (or others if they fit better in the project's' scope).
- Developing advanced database driven applications & systems (including eCommerce).
- Working inside a SDLC which applies Agile, Kanban & Scrum principles.
- Documented features. Wrote technical specifications & infrastructure requirements.
- Created pull requests and coded reviews whenever possible.
- Working with a multi-disciplinary team to convert business needs into technical specifications, then implement them.
- Programming Languages
- Strong knowledge of PHP (OOP & procedural).
- Knowledge of React, Bootstrap, jQuery.
- Data manipulation
- Strong knowledge of SQL (MySQL, SQLite). Knowledge of NoSQL (Couchbase).
- Knowledge of ORM (Doctrine).
- Knowledge of XML & XSLT, JSON & JSON Schemas, CSV, YML & various other data serialization formats.
- Knowledge with caching systems (Memcached).
- Knowledge of Regular Expressions.
- Worked with AD via LDAP.
- Source control
- Software Automation
- Implemented Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery with Jenkins.
- Strong knowledge of Vagrant. Knowledge of Docker.
- Knowledge of Puppet (also written puppet modules).
- Knowledge of ANT.
- Code Quality
- Strong knowledge of PHPUnit, Codeception (unit & functional tests).
- Knowledge of Gatling (performance testing).
- Always working with PHPCS & PHPMD (Coding Standards, Naming Conventions, Code Complexity Rules, etc).
- Strong Knowledge of Unix systems (Linux & MacOS).
- Familiar with Windows.
Software Development Engineer in Test
(July 2014 - April 2016).
- Developed all types of automation tests using the Codeception PHP testing framework, including API tests, Acceptance (GUI) Tests, Functional Tests (Db, CLI - backend tests), etc.
- Worked on several projects on both the main application (from front-end pixel-perfect testing to back-end testing on bash scripts, cronjobs, ETL, database testing, log monitoring and debugging etc.), business tools (Site management tools, Customer management tools, etc) and ERP tools.
- Followed all testing standards within a Agile/Scrum software development methodology.
- Applied most testing types under this SDLC, including (but not limited to): Automation Testing, Database testing, Compatibility testing, Smoke testing, Sanity testing, Regression testing, Retesting, Acceptance Testing, Usability testing, Security testing, Performance testing.
- All projects passed through all necessary QA-related testing phases, thoroughly checking them against the requirements during the System testing phase and requesting specifically an UAT at the end of each project (during Acceptance Testing, where necessary).
- Analyzed the impact of any given project (including checking the git diffs where possible) as well as thoroughly analyzing all project documentation to prepare the best and most efficient testing approach.
- Ensured the delivery of all assigned projects with top quality under the given time.
- Documented and created test cases and test plans for all projects under testing whenever time permitted.
- Worked unsupervised, gathered all required information to start any project (by initiating discussions with both the dev teams, and the product owners to ensure that everything is properly understood right from the start).