within a company specialized in the design, implementation and management of business-critical systems and digital services for the financial services, telecommunications, media & entertainment and professional services sectors.
As a Dev/Design Lead my responsibilities include:
- Leading a scrum team of 6-8 developers and test engineers and enabling them to deliver on product requirements while following code guidelines and security principles.
- Part of Architecture Working Group, working closely with Solution Architects to design viable solutions for the product team's needs
- Working closely with Business Analysts to understand the product on a functional level and translate this into low-level technical requirements.
- Creating low-level designs and OpenAPI specs for RESTful services.
- Leading a virtual team which develops and promotes the DevOps mindset in engineer teams.
- Part of creation and approval of the CI/CD platform in the Azure Devops platform.
- Representing the client as technical expert when interacting with 3rd parties.
- Working closely with release managers to ensure smooth and pain-free releases from dev environments to production releases.
- Writing code for functional features, automation testing and ci/cd scripting in all areas of the platform (frontend, backend, unit tests, component tests, contract tests, UI automation tests, CI/CD, Terraform).
- Kubernetes in Azure AKS
- Spring Boot with Java11 and Java17
- Spring Integration
- Apache Kafka with both cloud-managed (Azure HDInsights) and self-managed (Confluent) clusters including security with mutual TLS.
- Apache Avro
- Azure B2C as well as custom oauth2 implementation
- Azure CosmosDB
- Azure SQLServer
- Azure Databricks
- Azure KeyVault
- Azure AppConfig
- Azure Pipelines
- Pact (Contract testing)
- Cucumber (Component testing)
- Cypress (UI testing)Senior Full stack Software Engineer
(January 2018 - January 2020)Software Developer
(November 2016 - January 2018)