Senior Software Tester.
- The client is an Italian software company that provides digital payment solutions for a wide range of customers, interested in upgrading their technologies to meet market requirements.
- The application is a payment gateway that facilitates POS and e-commerce payments. The purpose of the team was to migrate
their existing functionality from SQL Server to Oracle and to develop
new features using a micro-service based approach.Team tasks
Oracle migration by conducting
manual and automation testing and building
new features using micro-services.
Technical Skills and Tools
- Discovered and reported bugs resulted from the migration to the new database system.
- Kept close communication with the client to validate the bugs.
- Adjusted existing automation pack to match the new requirements.
- Analyzed the existing coverage in the automation pack and proposed new tests to enhance coverage.
- Wrote technical documentation.
- Participated in all Agile ceremonies, including demos for stakeholders.
: Java 8, Cucumber, RestAssured, Selenium, Postman, Gradle, Tomcat, Oracle, Docker, Git, Jira.Software Tester
(April 2014 - August 2017)
- The client is one of the world’s leading digital publishing services, recently listed on London Stock Exchange, their digital publishing sites reaching national and regional attention, with an annual revenue of nearly £800 millions in 2018.
- The application is a platform that sustains over 50 national and regional digital newspapers. The purpose of the team was to enhance
existing functionality and develop
new features while moving to a microservice-based architecture. Testing
automation regression suites for various microservices, as well as designing
an automation pack for testing the integration between them.Team tasks
application development and testing services for the customers’ digital platforms.
Technical Skills and Tools
- Functional testing.
- Defined scenarios and test cases.
- Wrote backend API automation tests to cover microservices under development.
- Created WebDriver automated tests to cover end to end acceptance testing.
- Enforced the test pyramid, moving tests to lower levels such as unit and component (where possible).
- Worked closely with developers to define test scenarios for component testing.
- Pair programming with developers for unit and component testing.
- Validated thereported bugs.
- Enhanced and maintained the automation framework.
- Defined and ran small performance checks.
- Participated in planning sessions, including estimations.
- Participated in demos for stakeholders.
- Worked with Agile methodology (Scrum, Kanban).
: Java 8, Selenium WebDriver, JUnit, Selenium, Selenium Grid, Sauce Labs, Amazon Web Services, JMeter, GIT, Jenkins, Gatling, Jira.