within a leading global provider of business management solutions designed to meet the dynamic and diverse needs of broadcasters; media companies, etc.
- Worked on an all-in-One Broadcast Management Software - Built as a single, integrated system, it is the only software designed for cable networks that manages the entire broadcast business lifecycle in one application.Software Infrastructure & IT Engineer (October 2015 – March 2016)
Software Quality Assurance Engineer (April 2013 – October 2015)
- Ensuring that the IT infrastructure was sufficiently robust, scalable, and efficient to deliver the integrated services underlying the physical environment that supported the processes, physical resources and operators required for developing, integration, operating, and sustaining IT applications and support services.
- Addressing the day-to-day management and maintenance of IT services, systems, and applications, as well as the infrastructure, the geographic location, the facilities in which they are housed, and the energy, and hardware usage.
- Database administration, data migration, data replication, user administration, backup and recovery, optimization, performance tuning, table space allocation/management, managing the overall health and status of the database, managing the database schema, creating triggers and stored procedures, monitoring the Oracle alert logs and resolving database-related issues, SQL script fixing and debugging, on both Windows and Linux platforms, using the OS’ respective tools and methodologies.
- Integration of Apache Tomcat with Oracle based databases: Tomcat installation, maintenance and configuring Oracle Datasources in Tomcat, WAR file deployment, mainly using Putty (SSH and Telnet Client) and WinSCP (a SFTP client, FTP client, WebDAV client and SCP client for Windows).
- Local hardware and softwaremaintenance.
- Applications used: PL/SQL, Embarcadero RAD Studio, Putty, WinSCP, Windows/Linux Command Prompt/Terminal, Internal database and server management tools.
- Manual testing the application, reviewing requirements specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback, creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases, identifying, recording, documenting thoroughly and tracking bugs, performing thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Worked closely with Engineering, Development, and Product Management teams to identify high-impact issues.
- Applications used: SOAP UI, Internal Bug tracking tools.
Quality Assurance, SOAP UI, Internal Bug tracking tools, PL/SQL, Embarcadero RAD Studio, Putty, WinSCP, Windows/Linux Command Prompt/Terminal, Internal database and server management tools