- .NET Languages
- Yii Framework
- Zend Framework
English : Advanced
Vietnamese : Native speaker
OnSchool.vn November 2013 - Present
Technical Leader for an online education service, which allows both teachers and students to work together on an interactive whiteboard and use microphones and webcams to communicate.
Participation in the development of a web conferencing system with mobile device support based on HTML5 and WebRTC as main technologies, a whiteboard tool which includes the following features:
– Real time, multiple tabs whiteboard, on which users can draw freely or basic shapes;
– Uploading and rendering PDF documents or images on HTML5 canvas;
– Mathematical tool: allows to input latex and render equation;
– Geometry tool: drawing figures with different types of lines, lengths and angles;
– Synchronous/Asynchronous boards: allows students to work all on the same board or on separate individual boards, which are managed by the teacher;
– Small classroom: 1 teacher – 4 or 5 students; everyone can draw on board and speak at the same time;
– Large classroom: 1 teacher – 20 or 30 students; the teacher will choose who can draw on board and speak.
- Management of the technical team.
- Design and development of the architecture of the entire system, including the management system based on PHP and the interactive whiteboard.
- Research and integration of WebRTC technology into the whiteboard.
- Management of the application servers, optimization of the system’s features, writing automation tasks.
Frugg.com August 2011 - August 2013 Duration: 2 years
Lead Engineer within a US startup, a social e-Commerce network with target market in US and development team in Vietnam.
Participation in a project which had as main purpose to collect product data from affiliate sites (Amazon.com, Buy.com, Linkshare.com…) and use Apache Hadoop to process it; Apache Solr was used as search engine while Apache Mahout was required as a recommendation engine. The project aimed as well to collect users’ preference data through their activities, their friends’ activities, and their Facebook information in order to recommend adapted products. Processing large volumes of data required numerous optimization tasks within the project, from MySQL tuning to using Cache methods. The project used Agile methodology as the development method.
- Support to the CTO in creating the project plan and management of the Vietnamese team.
- Architecture design and front-end development with Symfony2.
- MySQL database design and optimization.
- Performance maintenance and optimization on the front-end.
- Research and development on the back-end with Apache Solr, Apache Hadoop MapReduce.
SETA International June 2008 - August 2011 Duration: 3 years 2 months
Technical Leader – Project Manager within a company providing software outsourcing services for the Japanese and American markets.
- Suggesting solutions and supporting other members in resolving technical issues.
- Management of varied projects and direct collaboration with clients.
- Building, recruitment and management of the development team.
USOL Vietnam April 2007 - June 2008 Duration: 1 year 2 months
Software Developer within an offshore development center of the Nihon Unisys Group specializing in software development for the financial industry, the public sector, and the industry and commerce fields.
- Implementation of applications from given requirements specifications.
- Application coding according to defined quality metrics.
- Maintenance of the developed modules and applications.
Vietnam Image Partner System June 2006 - April 2007 Duration: 10 months
Software Developer within a company providing solutions for the Vietnamese and Japanese ICT industry.
- Application development from supplied specifications, using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well engineered result.
- Implementation of different tasks for new functionalities based on functional design documents received from the client.
- Investigation and fixing of existing application bugs.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science - Hanoi University of Science and Technology.