Offshore outsourcing is a real change management issue. Regardless of the underlying reasons (economic, acceleration, recruitment difficulty, etc.) of an outsourcing project, there are certain pitfalls you should avoid. Here are the top 5.
1. Disregarding the internal HR issue
Whether we talk about IT, accounting or other type of outsourcing, the definition is the same: a provider/partner takes over an activity performed internally until that point. Not taking the internal HR component into account when organizing your outsourcing project is brushing ...
Here is the agenda for the Agilizza event, the first event in Boston to tackle specific Agile-related challenges with pragmatic advises.
This event hosted by Pentalog (Chris Hote) will take place in CIC’s 5th floor Havana Conference Room, on 5/19/2015 from 5p to 7p.
3 speakers, Q&A session, networking, complimentary refreshment and pizza:
Do agile data in just 5 shocking steps! by Gil Benghiat, Founder at DataKitchen
How to deploy Agile across the whole organization? by Dejan Duzevik, CTO at Concentric
3 Key Points when focusing ...
Is IT reshoring the new buzzword on the ITO market? Although not common yet at global level, the concept of IT reshoring, meaning when companies decide to bring back home their IT activities (mostly outsourced to India), is becoming a real trend. Daimler, Procter & Gamble, General Motors, American Express are just some examples of companies that decided it’s more viable to bring IT operations back to the U.S. from India: “We want better control over our IT activities to ...
It’s a new week, it’s a new IT offshore press review!
– Massive Layoffs at HP Make for IT Outsourcing Identity Crisis (May 24, 2012, CIO)
– Panel: Future CIOs Will have Careers Blending Non-Tech Roles with Traditional IT Duties (May 23, 2012, CIO)
– Japan robot lab readies second prototype for work at crippled nuclear reactor (May 25, 2012, Computer world)
– Why utility is the new ROI for IT projects (May 25, 2012, Computer weekly)
– Spinning off IT dept makes ...
The main subject was Facebook IPO trading, so we begin this IT offshore press review with this article:
– Reports: Nasdaq Admits Technical Bugs Affected Facebook IPO Trading (May 20, 2012, CIO)
– Offshore Suppliers: Beware of Hidden Costs (May 21, 2012, CFO News)
– Facebook Buys Mobile E-commerce App Karma (May 18, 2012, CIO)
– CIOs Don’t Need to Be Business Leaders (May 18, 2012, CIO)
– Twitter jumps on Do Not Track bandwagon (May 18, 2012, Computer world)
– Consumerization trend creates IT worries, ...