Have you thanked DevOps lately?
You know about DevOps. But do you know just how crucial it can be to the success of your SAAS?
To understand how DevOps can help you, let’s take a look at the traditional approach to software development.
Why you need to ditch the traditional approach
The traditional approach to software development and deployment, with teams working in silos, often creates issues that have real business consequences.
The issues are:
- Misalignment between the teams’ and the business’ objectives.
- Misalignment on the roadmap.
- Increased complexity.
- Misalignment of the technologies used.
These issues increase the risks of bugs, impact time-to-market results, and slow down the resolution of problems. And this often ruins your team’s motivation.
The real business consequences? A lack of innovations, the mistrust of clients, the higher costs, and the reduced competitivity. Ouch.
That’s where DevOps comes in.
A real grasp of business objectives
From a mainly hands-on role creating the infrastructure and maintaining it, DevOps has taken on a more strategic role. DevOps specialists have become de facto orchestra conductors making sure an organization’s development and operations teams play the same tune.
DevOps provides a unique point of view, understanding the challenges and needs of every layer of the organization. Its specialists’ understanding of infrastructure and processes is paired with a real grasp of business and strategic objectives.
For any organization, and especially for SAAS companies, DevOps can reduce development-related pains and save money.
Here are 5 ways DevOps provides results:
- DevOps ensures software development is aligned with operational business objectives, including performance, security, scalability, growth, and infrastructure costs.
- It can reduce time-to-market by increasing the fluidity of development and deployment.
- DevOps can shorten time to resolve issues.
- By improving communication and alignment between teams, it can reduce the number of bugs, improve quality, and ensure scalability.
- It can also improve your team’s motivation and results.
The masters of velocity, reliability
At the core, DevOps works at increasing the velocity of development. It is responsible for the continuous delivery of software and smooth deployment.
By easing the fluidity within the development and deployment processes, it ensures more responsive software development and increased security across the board.
It also integrates the whole process to automate development, deployment, and testing.
Linking developers to the end platform, DevOps provides speed, simplicity, and reliability to the development process.
DevOps has come a long way since its sysadmin-only days. It is now a vital part of SAAS software development.
Now you see why you need to thank DevOps.
You want to benefit from the skills of a DevOps? Talk to us at Pentalog.
Leave a Reply