Continuous 24/7 monitoring
Pentalog offers a wide range of cloud services with unbeatable customer support at a competitive price. If you entrust your data with us, our network engineers will make sure that severs are running correctly around the clock. Our offices follow the sun, at any time of the day our technicians and help desk engineers located in Romania, Vietnam, or Latin America ensure that your networks are working as they should. If you ever need to get in contact with a network administrator there will be someone available to talk to 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
Although not ITIL certified, Pentalog follows the best practices of this framework to offer our clients top quality service.
At Pentalog we propose 2 types of protection to keep you worry free:
1. Preventive Maintenance: Proactive monitoring activities meant to solve problems before they start. This includes activities such as:
- Hardware, system, and network monitoring
- Backup control
- Bandwidth consumption
- Quality of service control
- Log Control
- Configuration of IT monitoring systems
- Network and infrastructure audit
2. Corrective Maintenance: Quick responses to network problems as soon as they are detected. Actions involved in our corrective activities include:
- Execution of corrective activities according to procedures defined on the wiki, our knowledge database, though we are equally open to defining these procedures on our client’s knowledge base.
- Traffic, user, disk space, and load management
- Host availability monitoring
- Registration and response to tickets declared by clients
A powerful toolkit
At Pentalog we use a variety of tools to perform monitoring:
- Nagios: An open source tool that monitors networks and alerts users when a problem appears and again once the problem is solved. This allows for quick response times and ensures that performed maintenance is successful.
- Cacti: Another open source tool that we use primarily to monitor bandwidth usage and data storage capacity. This allows our technicians to monitor if your network is being used past its capacity. If so, clients will be informed and we can modify and upgrade your network to fit you needs and allow it to run at full efficiency.
We preferably use open source solutions , which keeps costs down for our clients. However, if our clients prefer we can discuss other software solutions during the negotiations period.
Maintenance activities and responsibilities will be planned and agreed upon with you at project kick-off. Cost is variable and includes an initial charge for implementation, a fixed monthly cost for passive monitoring, and variable cost based on time spent by our IT technicians on maintenance activities.
Working with Pentalog helped us significantly, they responded really well to the urgency of the situation. After just one week we had found a qualified freelancer to undertake our mission. The platform gave us support and guidance right through the selection and administration process, so that the mission could run as smoothly as possible.
We were convinced by Pentalog’s approach: advice from a CTO to help us architect our solution, 2 freelancers and support to find funding. In addition, we were seduced by the price of courses but especially by the implementation time: 2 months instead of 5 or 6 months if we were on a development from scratch.
Working with Pentalog is very reassuring. As their CTO had worked with us on prior improvements to the app, I didn’t think twice about calling on them again when I found out that the first developer was unavailable. Four days later they had found someone equally competent and we didn’t have to worry about the admin side of things. The platform gave us support and guidance right through the mission from start to finish, to make sure it ran as smoothly as possible.