Continuous 24/7 monitoring
Pentalog offers a wide range of cloud services with unbeatable customer support at a competitive price. If you entrust your data with us, our network engineers will make sure that severs are running correctly around the clock. Our offices follow the sun, at any time of the day our technicians and help desk engineers located in Romania, Vietnam, or Latin America ensure that your networks are working as they should. If you ever need to get in contact with a network administrator there will be someone available to talk to 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
Although not ITIL certified, Pentalog follows the best practices of this framework to offer our clients top quality service.
At Pentalog we propose 2 types of protection to keep you worry free:
1. Preventive Maintenance: Proactive monitoring activities meant to solve problems before they start. This includes activities such as:
- Hardware, system, and network monitoring
- Backup control
- Bandwidth consumption
- Quality of service control
- Log Control
- Configuration of IT monitoring systems
- Network and infrastructure audit
2. Corrective Maintenance: Quick responses to network problems as soon as they are detected. Actions involved in our corrective activities include:
- Execution of corrective activities according to procedures defined on the wiki, our knowledge database, though we are equally open to defining these procedures on our client’s knowledge base.
- Traffic, user, disk space, and load management
- Host availability monitoring
- Registration and response to tickets declared by clients
A powerful toolkit
At Pentalog we use a variety of tools to perform monitoring:
- Nagios: An open source tool that monitors networks and alerts users when a problem appears and again once the problem is solved. This allows for quick response times and ensures that performed maintenance is successful.
- Cacti: Another open source tool that we use primarily to monitor bandwidth usage and data storage capacity. This allows our technicians to monitor if your network is being used past its capacity. If so, clients will be informed and we can modify and upgrade your network to fit you needs and allow it to run at full efficiency.
We preferably use open source solutions , which keeps costs down for our clients. However, if our clients prefer we can discuss other software solutions during the negotiations period.
Maintenance activities and responsibilities will be planned and agreed upon with you at project kick-off. Cost is variable and includes an initial charge for implementation, a fixed monthly cost for passive monitoring, and variable cost based on time spent by our IT technicians on maintenance activities.
If we’re measuring what matters, one of the first things we should probably measure (as CTOs) is our own understanding of the role and the ability to execute across multiple stages of CTO responsibilities. Pentalog CTO Assessment for Growth provides such benchmark based on established industry practices in the field of technical leadership. It's an efficient and personalised approach to either confirm that one is on an ideal CTO path (less likely) or highlight certain areas and suggestions for improvement. A win-win in my books.
With CTO Mentoring, I can only imagine how much we saved by preventing us from going unprepared and unaware.
Working with Pentalog helped us significantly, they responded really well to the urgency of the situation. After just one week we had found a qualified freelancer to undertake our mission. The platform gave us support and guidance right through the selection and administration process, so that the mission could run as smoothly as possible.