Central Florida Philosophy MeetupJune 2014 - Present
Event creation, scheduling, and hosting. Knowledge curation and dissemination. Events organized: The Question Concerning Technology 1, 2, & 3 Jacques Ellul on Technique Santayana I & II Pure Geoism & 20 others.
Open to receiving offers for small and micro-sized contract work.
With an emphasis in automation engineering, I have a deep passion for implementing correct solutions to any technically challenging problems. See work at Adacel Systems for an idea of the depth and complexity of the technical challenges already achieved.
Got a problem? I've got your solution! Let's begin with a minimum viable product.
* Created MIMS (MaxSim Installation Media Service), an automated installation kit creation tool, which takes the software development teams' installation packages and creates an on-demand single multi-system software installation disc, or usbdisk, designed to update all the software on all the Linux and Windows computers comprising an Air Traffic Control Tower Simulator.
* Automation engineering: Updated and extended existing installation automation scripts to fix long standing issues and switch each of the Federal Aviation Authority's (FAA) production Air Traffic Control Tower Simulators, spread throughout the nation, from an offshoot Service Pack branch, over to the company's newly released and redesigned Main branch bundle.
* Wrote a data processing package which extract logs from tgz archives and repackage the archives without the logs while recording the work done and filing processed tgz files according to the condition of the archive files and the content contained therein.
* Provided a complete Linux single-drive to mirrored-drives software RAID conversion solution for file servers including custom full server backup and restore scripts, a complete disk replacement procedure with additional custom scripts for monitoring and single-command add-in replacement of hard-disk drives; also wrote the 11-page manual.
* Co-developed a custom handheld backup device for concurrent disk imaging of all computing stations which make up an Air Traffic Control simulator by compiling a custom Linux kernel and also assisting with the imaging software package configuration.
* Effectively shared Linux and Windows concepts to customer service, technical specialist, subject matter experts, management, and project lead staff. Aided peers in software development projects. Occasional support calls: correcting any issue.
2011-2012 Computer support over the internet and phone. 2005 Participated in the construction of three learning centers. 2002 Installed computers at Four Corners Charter Middle School. 2002-2003 Plotter operator: converting, scanning, print queuing, archiving. 1995-2000 YoungLife leadership: served as the student camp work crew leader.
Ellucian (formerly SUNGARD Higher Education)August 2003 - January 2005
Provided documented solutions with an average of over 40 sessions/day. Trained new hires on proper over-the-phone troubleshooting techniques. Technically supported over thirty-five unique educational institutions. Authored internal knowledge base articles. Trained new hires.
Quality checked and corrected new dedicated client servers. Monitored and resolved mail and CPU issues across 91 servers. Setup web and mail domains across Linux and Windows Servers. Wrote on-demand backup scripts. Fixed shopping cart configurations. Traced and shutdown exploited server scripts and notified senior admin. Migrated MySQL databases, web, and mail content across server platforms.
Nabors, Giblin & Nickerson, P.A.August 1999 - March 2001
Acted as sole support agent for the Orlando office. Ran regular backups and administered the Exchange server. Setup a score of new and old computers into the new office building. Performed Y2K checks and upgrades for a smooth transition. Installed dozens of software and hardware upgrades.
Created the RN to BSN Program Newsletter. Instructed faculty on various software packages. Managed a regularly changing inventory of instructional videos. Served as the local support agent for those involved in online learning. Assembled a wide range of documents and presentations.
Designed and manufactured freestanding bookshelves. Worked with children, artists, and educators making virtual worlds. Administered a mixed lab of SGI, Sun, and Windows workstations. Submitted weekly progress reports to the director.
Cloud Computing, Security, Cisco, Active Directory, VMware, Unix, Windows Server, Virtualization, System administration, Networking, VPN, Linux
As Pentalog’s Talent Sourcing branch, SkillValue relies on a pool of 400,000+ Tech & Marketing Specialists – including 15,000+ Freelancers, a comprehensive catalog of IT assessments, available projects and job opportunities. Our SkillValue consultants are always ready and willing to help you boost your career.
Stay in the know with Pentalog tech & business updates
WHAT WE'RE ABOUT
Pentalog is a digital services platform dedicated to helping companies access world-class software engineering and product talent. With a global workforce spanning more than 16 locations, our staffing solutions and digital services power client success.