• Working Description: Development of new Web page which searches all SFA courses with advanced filtering. Linking with API repository with DTO models. Developing .Net Core service and linking to Web controllers. • Reasons for leaving: Completed contract. • Skills Needed: .Net Core, Azure, C#, Node.js, REST API, SharePoint, Entity Framework, TFS, TDD, GitHub, Agile, Jira,
• Working Description: Firstly, to create an IOS app which was to work as closely as possible to an existing Android version. This app was to be able to gather information using Bluetooth, QR and NFC. The resulting values were to be persisted and displayed in a Chart. • Reasons for leaving: Project completed • Skills Needed: Swift 4.0, Android Studio, Lottie, GitHub, Agile.
• Working Description: Working on company Website and Mobile app which works on a catalogue basis listing items with images and detail. The data is collated by using the company API to pull back relevant information in Json format and update users baskets. Experience in using MVC, Angular and Bootstrap was required. • Reasons for leaving: Work completed for October exhibition. • Skills Needed: MVC, C#, LINQ, SQL, IOS, Swift, Android Studio, Visual Studio, Angular and Bootstrap, Agile, Trello.
Jaguar Land Rover, Gaydon, WarwickSeptember 2014 - April 2015
• Working Description: Working with the ICA (In Control Apps) team developing apps for working on JLR's In Car App project which is has been well received in the motor industry. The project allows mobile devices to port their apps on to the vehicle Entertainment system. We have developed a number of IOS and Android apps which will become available with the ICA installation. We mainly worked on proof of concept apps using the mySpin framework for working with the vehicles, the car signals are sent via UDP and I developed our own framework to interpret the UDP responses. JLR uses Agile and Jira for project management with two week sprint. • Reasons for leaving: Contract finished when framework complete. • Skills Needed: XCode. Json, Swift, Obj C, Agile, TDD, JIRA, UDP and Socket interfaces. MySpin. IOS Frameworks, Appledocs, KML.
• Working Description: Developing and enhancing the main supplier portal enabling suppliers to update parts drawings and details as well as updating model books and purchase orders. This required working closely with the Spanner team in designing and structuring the database. The project also required graphics for working with part drawings. I also was tasked with working on replacement IOS app for HSS booking system which required retrieving and updating the Spanner database by working Web services and building my own Api’s. There were no testers so I incorporated my own TDD test scripts which was later adopted by the Spanner team. • Reasons for leaving: New permanent staff continued with Supplier portal and IOS app was completed. • Skills Needed: ASP.Net, C#, Visual Studio 2008/2012, SQL Server 2008, TSql and SIIS, SSRS, Web Services, Ingres, TDD, IOS, Obj C.
• Working Description: Originally I was brought in to develop a new company website but then due to my mobile experience I was given the job of creating new smartphone apps on IOS and Android and then dealing with member companies and providing bespoke apps for a variety of different requirements. I was tasked with taking on new developers to maintain the website as well as a junior to mentor on app development. We had daily Scrum stand ups with two week sprints. I also employed a full time tester who introduced TDD test scripts and project documentation. • Reasons for leaving: Moved to Manchester. • Skills Needed: ASP.Net, VB.Net, C#, Visual Studio 2008, SQL Server 2005/8, TSql and SIIS, SSRS, TDD, Xcode and Eclipse.
Managing the development a new web site and integration with back office system and linking Pda devices to SQL database. Add new modules to back office system to support maintenance of website and Pda system.
Various contract work including more recently a large Service Support company developing a software package, which monitored Caretaker and Supervisor activities for local housing associations. Accountability for tenants and councils was becoming critical and we dealt with most of the councils around London and surrounding counties. In the last eighteen months I have been working with a number London based Housing associations linking PDA/Windows Mobile and Web based applications together, enabling employees to use their mobiles for all their needs.
Within the first two years the Innovise IT department had grown from just myself to two Analyst Programmers and a Junior Programmer and myself in a project management role. I have always been a believer in the hands on approach so I was involved in some of the software development as well as handling projects cycles and specifications for new development. Initially our products were written in a combination of Clipper 5.0 and C++ but it was clear that Windows was the way forward so after researching all current Windows development tools we decided to move forward using Delphi 3.0. Likewise, the Nippondenso had it’s limitations so we began replacing our handhelds with Psion Workabouts which were cheaper and more robust. By the new millennium my department had grown to seven plus contractors. Working closely with my development team I kept a handle on all current project work and worked hard at keeping Innovise as the leader in Performance Monitoring by keeping abreast of new technology without exceeding our budgets. In doing so, we had upgraded our Delphi development software through Delphi 5.0 to Delphi 7.0, which had additional capability for Web development. Our Psions were also becoming outdated and were replaced by Palm units with touch screen technology and eventually HTC phones with Windows CE.
MRG was one of the forerunners in EPOS development. I initially worked on the Site office systems using Foxpro but eventually became involved in developing central office systems using RPG based on MRG’s AS400 mainframe servers. Due to my knowledge of PC systems as well as AS400\RPG I became involved in central support of on-site terminals and data transfer from branches. When MRG began looking at Hand held barcode unit software development for use in the branches I was tasked with using the new SDK and linking the units with branch systems.
Note: Information of experience prior to 1988 is available on request.
You need this profile next month?Contact us!
You’re about to be redirected to SkillValue
As Pentalog’s Talent Sourcing branch, SkillValue relies on a pool of 400,000+ Tech & Marketing Specialists – including 15,000+ Freelancers, a comprehensive catalog of IT assessments, available projects and job opportunities. Our SkillValue consultants are always ready and willing to help you boost your career.
Stay in the know with Pentalog tech & business updates
WHAT WE'RE ABOUT
Pentalog is a digital services platform dedicated to helping companies access world-class software engineering and product talent. With a global workforce spanning more than 16 locations, our staffing solutions and digital services power client success.