• Led the US editorial team for Acuris Studios, the custom content division of Acuris (formerly known as Mergermarket Group)
• Produced in-depth reports for corporate clients about financial topics, based on surveys and interviews with business executives as well as independent research. The primary focus of our reports was global M&A activity and private equity, as well as related themes such as debt and equity markets and corporate governance
• Managed and participated in every stage of the production process — formulating ideas, conducting interviews, creating research surveys, writing articles, and making edits to freelance texts
• Worked in 2017-18 to improve research process, conducting more in-depth interviews with market professionals and adding more detail and deal examples to publications
• Oversaw a significant expansion of output in 2016 — our team managed production of 13 in-depth thought leadership reports and 36 newsletters in 2016, compared to nine reports and 23 newsletters in 2015; also led efforts to build roster of freelance writers to assist in report production
Institute of Modern Russia, Inc.March 2015 - November 2015
• Wrote long-form analytical articles (1,500+ words) about Russia's economy and political system for the New York-based think tank. Areas of focus included Russia's budgetary policies, economic planning and strategy, and Kremlin Internet censorship
• Commissioned and edited texts by independent commentators about Russian politics, foreign relations, military, economy, and legal system
• Led a staff of five reporters and a deputy editor at the daily newspaper in producing a comprehensive news section online and in print
• Held responsibility for assigning and editing up to five to eight articles daily during a time of major international focus on Russia, covering events such as the ongoing conflict in Ukraine, the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics, Edward Snowden’s asylum in Russia, and the 2011-2013 protest movement against Vladimir Putin
• Helped manage the newspaper’s transition from an emphasis on print to an online focus and led efforts on the news desk to set records for website traffic
• Managed a range of projects simultaneously, including the editing and writing of breaking news stories for the newspaper’s website, working with reporters on investigative features, maintaining comprehensive knowledge of the latest news in Russia and abroad, and producing a print publication with a nightly deadline • Led a three-person team tasked with creating a constantly updated online news stream, with output of up to 10 stories daily (150-450 words each) featuring photos and video
• Handled troubleshooting and online editorial development, including the creation of special pages dedicated to environmental news and the St. Petersburg Economic Forum
Fodor's, Russia!, and BMI VoyagerMarch 2010 - December 2011
Researched and wrote the Moscow section of the 2011 Fodor's Travel guidebook to Moscow and St. Petersburg. Also reported on food, travel and culture for indie magazine Russia!, airline magazines of BMI and Aeroflot, and local publications Where Moscow and Element.
As Pentalog’s Talent Sourcing branch, SkillValue relies on a pool of 400,000+ Tech & Marketing Specialists – including 15,000+ Freelancers, a comprehensive catalog of IT assessments, available projects and job opportunities. Our SkillValue consultants are always ready and willing to help you boost your career.
Stay in the know with Pentalog tech & business updates
WHAT WE'RE ABOUT
Pentalog is a digital services platform dedicated to helping companies access world-class software engineering and product talent. With a global workforce spanning more than 16 locations, our staffing solutions and digital services power client success.