* Administration and configuration of trading systems for multiple financial Markets. Updating configuration files and scripts in Git repositories. Monitoring of all trading systems for the purpose of risk management and performance. Analysis of problems from both the operating systems side and the application side and progressing tickets through to developers and exchanges. Trade out of positions in the event of issues with the trading systems. Liaising with developers and researchers. Development of in house scripts in BASH,PERL and Python for dealing with common tasks. Modification of existing Java and C++ applications. Daily reconciliation of positions and trades and liaising with brokers in the even of mismatches. Creating and updating confluence pages to aid in maintaining agreed upon work flows.
* Monitoring both the US and EU Brokertec trading systems and escalating any issue arising to either Market Control, Market Support or NASDAQ depending on the issue. Configuring and updating test systems and production with new releases. Providing support for Market Control and Market support for user issues. Liaising with network, Linux systems support and NASDAQ to improve systems performance. Maintaining in house web application in ruby and implementing Mysql DB replication and application fail over. Writing scripts to improve how ops support deals with every days tasks
Duties included but not limited to - Administration and configuration of trading systems for multiple financial Markets. Updating configuration files and scripts in SVN repositories. Monitoring of all trading systems for the purpose of risk management and performance. Liaising with financial exchanges to setup and test market data collectors and order entry systems. Conformance testing with exchanges for new connections. Trade out of positions in the event of issues with the trading systems. Liaising with developers and researchers. Development of in house scripts in BASH,PERL and Python for dealing with common tasks. Managing the performance metrics system. Training new operations team members.
RTS Realtime Systems London UKMarch 2008 - February 2009
* Systems administration, monitoring of Solaris 10, RedHat and SUSE Linux. Installation of both operating system and application software. Analysis of customer problems from both the operating systems side and the application side and progressing tickets through to developers. Maintenance of existing and new hardware in both the companies UK data centers. Liaising with financial exchanges for certification of software and client issues. Development of in house scripts for the automatic installation and verification of installed systems. Design of Global backup policy for data centers in London, Frankfurt, Chicago, New York and Singapore. Implementation of wireless office network.
* Systems administration on both Redhat Linux and Windows environments, design and implementation of Redhat Clusters for Mysql, Oracle and various MTAs. General maintenance on the internal voice systems on Cisco and Radvision Gateways. Implementing the companies Voice/Video mail system in Panama City, involving installation of Redhat Linux on the servers, configuration of mail and database clusters, installation of the application software, configuration and testing to go live.
* System administration, monitoring and additional support as required to various systems and projects (see below) including participation and contribution to Change Acceptance Boards, `out-of-hours' support to testing and implementation of upgrades, fixes and changes, monitoring, installation and configuration of hardware and providing technical support and information to both client liaison personnel and, where appropriate, to external users. Lead administrator in design of the new jumpstart Solaris 10 build. Project: People Portal (BAe Client System)
* Security cleared to provide support to `web-based' client application including hardware monitoring and operating system administration as well as technical and configuration backup during upgrades and change implementations. Project: ECF
* Systems administration on Network Appliance FAS920C clustered filers, snap mirrored to a DR site, including upgrade to disk shelves, addition of HBA cards, creation of new aggregates, managing file system with regards to NFS iSCSI fiber and CIFS.
* Assigning problems and requests from end users to the appropriate team, monitoring requests and providing constructive feedback to the users
* Monitoring network performance, mission critical servers and backups as well as stopping and restarting applications in accordance with requests from Spacons and missions software support teams
* Reporting on the daily status of computers and problems and referring LAN and WAN problems to the relevant person for resolution
* Additionally responsible for supporting Mars Express during the Mars Orbital Insertion phase Project: Solaris Systems Administrator (2nd-13th Dec 2003)
· Providing first line support for Solaris operating systems and prioritising Solaris user requests before assigning them to second line support · Installing COTS software onto previously installed systems and patching operating systems as required · Documenting changes to the Solaris systems into the appropriate configuration control database as well as taking any necessary corrective action and identifying root causes · Monitoring critical servers for performance issues with particular reference to Integral, Mars Express and Rosetta missions Project: General Solaris Operating Systems Administration (2000-2003) · Installing and supporting Solaris operating systems to site specific requirements or user detailed requirements from installation CD or via Jumpstart technology · Installing and configuring third party software, dual boot Solaris machines and x25 software
· Creating Disksuite mirrors and raid devices as well as NIS and NIS+ servers and clients
· Securing and monitoring Solaris servers and workstations and installing and tuning WU_FTP and SSH · Managing the migration of machines from one network to another and creating, deleting and maintaining user accounts
· Using a variety of system logs and performance tools to monitor performance issues and automating general tasks via Shell Scripting · Reporting systems incidents to the management team and providing core dumps and detailed outputs of Truss and Explorer to Sun Microsystems in the event of crashes or unidentifiable problems · Developing and maintaining productive relationships with Sun Technicians, hardware and network teams and Windows and VAX support teams
· Updating the configuration management database with any changes to software and systems parameters · Writing procedures for application restarts and emergency situations and delivering Solaris administration training to non-Unix teams
Project: Installation of Missions Critical Servers (2000-2003) · Reading and analysing operating systems requirements and installing and performance tuning Solaris operating systems, servers and workstations
· Installing launch backup servers, installing and tuning Oracle and monitoring server usage and performance specifically for Integral · Responsible for coordinating all MSG administration requirements and liaising with management and mission leaders
Project: 24 Hour Pre and Post-Launch Support (2000-2003)
· Resolving and rectifying problems with Cluster 2, Envisat, Integral, MSG, Artemis, Smart 1 and Mars Express MOI
· Installing Oracle 8i on Solaris and Windows machines and migrating Oracle databases between different architectures and releases · Carrying out general database administration, tuning Oracle databases on Solaris machines and liaising with customers in relation to installation procedures and specifications
The School of Cognitive Sciences, The University of SussexJanuary 1999 - January 2000
· Providing comprehensive user support, installing hardware components and installing and maintaining physical networks
· Responsible for Solaris, Linux and MacOS administration and compiling GNU software for use by students and faculty
· Maintaining Oracle database and SQL, configuring hardware and coordinating the purchase of software
· Liaising with contractors, undergraduates and support teams and assisting with the commercial development of Hydra2 security monitoring software
Veritas NetBackup, Unix Shell Script, Unix Shell, UNIX, Technical Support, TCP/IP, System administration, Sun Solaris, SQL, Solaris, Shell Scripting, RedHat, Python, Problem Solving, Perl, Oracle DBA, Oracle 8i, Oracle, NIS, Nagios, MySQL, Linux Red Hat, Linux, Java, IBM Websphere, HP OpenView, GNU, Git, FIX, Chef, C++
You need this profile next month?Contact us!
You’re about to be redirected to SkillValue
As Pentalog’s Talent Sourcing branch, SkillValue relies on a pool of 400,000+ Tech & Marketing Specialists – including 15,000+ Freelancers, a comprehensive catalog of IT assessments, available projects and job opportunities. Our SkillValue consultants are always ready and willing to help you boost your career.
Stay in the know with Pentalog tech & business updates
WHAT WE'RE ABOUT
Pentalog is a digital services platform dedicated to helping companies access world-class software engineering and product talent. With a global workforce spanning more than 16 locations, our staffing solutions and digital services power client success.