Offshore it outsourcing
Although we at Pentalog tend to favor the nearshore solutions available in our service offer, some companies have specific needs more suitable to collaboration with an offshore-based team, mainly for two reasons:
- Cutting costs is their primary objective
- The activities they want to outsource demand a specific time difference to cover a broader range of working hours
In addition to the benefits of nearshoring, offshore IT outsourcing offers even more dramatic cost savings with the same quality level of resources. The time coverage (GMT+7) allows to carry out operations during the night, at daytime rates.
Within Pentalog’s global approach to IT outsourcing, Vietnam serves as the perfect complementary destination to our centers in Eastern Europe and Latin America. When development engineering activities are carried out in a nearshore location, the testing phase can, for instance, be easily transferred to our offshore Delivery Center in Hanoi. Such an outsourcing scheme allows you to minimize costs and optimize delivery time.
Browse a list of IT specialists at Pentalog
One step beyond: progressive offshoring
Drawing on over 15 years of successful remote project management experience, we know how to help you determine the right schedule and organization for your projects. Going offshore can be done in several stages to ensure smooth transition and to achieve a high and sustainable ROI. When going offshore we will create a customized roadmap that best fits your situation. Take a look at the following example.
Step 1: Transferring your activities to Eastern Europe:
- English-speaking staff; most of our engineers also speak French or German
- 4 to 7 working hours in common, depending on where you are based
- easily accessible destinations: regular, short and direct flights, allowing for frequent visits
- up to 25% cost savings
Step 2: Transferring part of your activities to Asia:
- transfer of non-crucial activities, such as testing
- keep the same project manager based in Europe and the same local project director close to your premises
- benefit from the time difference when performing certain types of activities (testing, etc.)
- English-speaking staff
Step 3: Transferring all activities to Asia:
- full transfer including management activities
- keep the same local project director close to your premises
- 4 working hours in common, wherever you are based
- up to 40% cost savings
Our offshore delivery center in Hanoi is managed just like our nearshore delivery centers, systematically using agile practices and meeting ISO 9001:2008 and CMMI level 4 standards (read more about Quality Assurance with Pentalog) in a 100% English-speaking environment.
BewellConnect has been working with Pentalog since 2014 on several software telemedicine projects. Their professionalism, expertise, guidance, methodology, and timing have been wonderful. Pentalog is demonstrating competency in the required skillsets and good communications despite the remote working relationship. We want to express our gratitude to Pentalog for their productive collaboration with BewellConnect.
Pentalog helped MoovOne to build a complex application with good backend and frontend developers. It was a big technical challenge and the mission continued after the release to improve the product with our teams. The collaboration and the project were a success. We are very satisfied with this partnership.
Pentalog has been very supportive in making sure that we find exactly the right people that we needed. Our Moldovan colleagues are not just great from a team fit perspective, but also professionally. I continue to be amazed how they contributed to the team by solving some of the hardest problems, but also always pitch in when anybody in the team needs support. Everybody is just as much engaged and cares for SumUp and the product we work on.