SENIOR Audio Software - DSP - Embedded C - C/C++ SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
English : Advanced
Romanian : Native speaker
Semiconductors producer February 2014 - January 2015 Duration: 11 months
AudioComms Integration Engineer for Android smartphone/tablet platforms; onsite mission in Toulouse, France for 2 months.
- DSP algorithms integration in the customer’s solution.
- Use case integration and debug activities:
– Use case integration and validation for NR, AEC, DNR, BWX DSP algorithms;
– Bug fixing for smartphones and tablets: reproduction, analysis and debug of audio software problems reported by the System team (aplogs, tombstones), patch development and validation; main area of competencies: audio policy, audio routing;
– Promoting the patches through GIT/Gerrit to the audio pre-integration team for official integration.
Semiconductors producer December 2011 - January 2014 Duration: 2 years 1 month
Technical Leader for 2G multimedia team.
- Development of the audio framework on Reference Design boards. Working in an embedded audio framework.
- Solving the Problem Reports / Change Requests and proposing solutions to the customer. Most usual issues: noises of various types, playback/recording issues, FM, BT chipsets integration in audio framework.
- Software integration for a new generation of PTETM DAC+ Headset amplifier IC. For this new stereo DAC chipset all the audio management has been redesigned.
- Software integration for a new algorithm DMNS (dual mike noise suppression). New audio management implementation for control.
- Participation in all meetings to review the hardware schematics with the new stereo DAC.
- Delegating tasks and providing support to team members.
- Responsible for team members’ technical trainings.
Semiconductors producer April 2009 - December 2011 Duration: 2 years 8 months
Team Leader and Software Engineer for an Embedded platform within the mobile audio team.
Semiconductors producer September 2008 - April 2009 Duration: 7 months
Maintenance Engineer on the Audio Module – telecommunication platform.
Freescale Semiconductor Romania June 2004 - September 2008 Duration: 4 years 3 months
Engineer – Developer for Embedded systems within many projects.
- Technical support for different customers from India.
- Development of the interface between the development team and the compiler team.
- Development of Embedded software.
Participation in the development of a part of the VoIP framework for an important telecommunication company.
Implementation of the following modules: Voice Processing Engine, TDM Link Layer, UDP Link Layer, Scheduler, SDOS, RTP encapsulation. The software project was developed on Freescale 71xx (StarLite) DSP platform.
- Providing the DSP code optimization for AMR-NB codec.
- Performing assembly level optimizations on StarCore 140 and benchmarking in order to meet severe speed requirements imposed by Freescale customers.
- Carrying out 3GPP BaseBand processing on MRC6011 device – RCF.
- Implementation of 3G BaseBand algorithms on the Freescale DSP Array processor RCF (Reconfigurable Compute Fabric) for an important base station European manufacturer.
Development of the following Symbol Rate specific algorithms:
– CRC check;
– Transport Block Concatenation/Deconcatenation;
– Transport Channel Multiplexing/Demultiplexing.
- In charge of the Software Configuration project.
- Management of software configurations.
- Definition and maintenance of the framework repository for the VoIP project.
- Automation of the building procedure and introduction of the timestamp into the srec file sent to the client.
- Writing of the tests schedule and traceability matrix.
- Development of some specific test cases and applications that allow the user to configure the framework with random parameters.
Neusoft Mobile Solutions 2004 - 2008 Duration: 4 years
Participation in the following trainings:
– 3G Symbol Rate BaseBand processing.
Freescale MRC6011Platform Architecture and parallel DSP processing;
– Freescale 71xx DSP (StarLite) Platform Architecture;
– SmartDSP OS – Real Time Operating System for Starcore DSP;
– C and ASM optimization techniques for Freescale StarCore DSPs;
– Introduction and Design Patterns;
– Freescale MSC8144 Platform Architecture.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Faculty of Automation and Computer Science - "Politehnica" University, Timisoara.
ʺSecurity Awarenessʺ Training.
ʺPeople and Project Managementʺ Training - Session 2.