Cost reduction, better customer service quality and efficiency of the entire supply chain are global stakes that are crucial to most businesses. Relying on a top-of-the-edge information system which matches these ambitions is crucial to reach excellence and stand out from competition.
Browse a list of IT specialists at Pentalog
|Daily rate||Sign up|
|Daily rate||Sign up|
Our retail and logistics expertise
For many years, Pentalog has been supporting multinational companies as well as fast-growing SMBs in implementing retail and logistics management tools. Our IT experts have acquired considerable experience in rendering and keeping their clients’ supply chains flexible, responsive and efficient and to keep final customers confident and satisfied about the products they buy:
- Traceability: food batches from raw material supply to sales, including intermediate suppliers tracking, cold chain monitoring, real-time flow optimization
- Mass-distribution data exchange standards: GDSN, GS1
- Product data structure & management: prices, discounts, allergens, nutritional information
- Product specification management: for distributor brand products
- Warehouse management: Information flow, order and stock flow management, traceability and authentication (RFID, barcodes, wireless equipment etc.), equipment management (trolleys, packaging, marshalling etc.)
- Transport management: transport times and itinerary management (geolocation, mobile tracking solutions for real-time delivery management), driving time scaling
- Stocks management: forecast and supply management, order centralization, alert management (minimum stocks, supply delays etc.), real stocks / theoretical stock, incoming, outgoing, distributed stocks, monitoring and optimizing inventories.
- Outlet management (retail): back-office and front-office management, customer data analysis, restocking optimization, sales channels and customer service management.
Traceability and logistics generate considerable amounts of data that should be valued to optimize processes, identify potential new business models that will bring added value to the client. Traceability-related big data can for instance result in statistics that allow to predict sales and therefore optimize stocks and flow management), or build applications informing the final customer about product consumption risks according to allergens or specific health constraints.
Pentalog’s service delivery capabilities associate strong and transversal technical and functional skills related to the retail and logisticsbusiness. Not only do our experts master the lastest technologies, but also transport and health regulations. They know how to implement specific legal obligations in an IT solution. They are able to interface an application with embedded devices.
With a view to optimizing IT budgets, we always look for existing solutions (open source or not) that could be associated with specific developments to optimize our client’s ROI. Whatever the chosen solution may be, we can develop it (configuration of an existing solution or development from scratch) in one of our nearshore competence centers.
- Writing functional and technical specifications
- Consulting and integrating an OpenSource market solution
- Developing specific modules in SaaS mode and thick clients
- Developing interfaces to ensure communication with other application software
- Consulting and assistance in choosing products and equipment which ensure traceability
- Managing applications and infrastructure with a high level of availability and data security
If we’re measuring what matters, one of the first things we should probably measure (as CTOs) is our own understanding of the role and the ability to execute across multiple stages of CTO responsibilities. Pentalog CTO Assessment for Growth provides such benchmark based on established industry practices in the field of technical leadership. It's an efficient and personalised approach to either confirm that one is on an ideal CTO path (less likely) or highlight certain areas and suggestions for improvement. A win-win in my books.
With CTO Mentoring, I can only imagine how much we saved by preventing us from going unprepared and unaware.
Working with Pentalog helped us significantly, they responded really well to the urgency of the situation. After just one week we had found a qualified freelancer to undertake our mission. The platform gave us support and guidance right through the selection and administration process, so that the mission could run as smoothly as possible.