The applications produced by MyPL have a number of strong backend requirements:
- Scalability: the infrastructure must support computation for a large number of hospitals while ensuring reasonable costs for the Start-up model of MyPL. Therefore, scalability is important to ensure that expenses are only engaged when they are required.
- Security: since MyPL applications store and compute client personal data, they require a secure infrastructure with HIPAA and HDS compliance.
- Big Data: due to the high volume of data, MyPL requires big data architecture components, such as a Data Lake for storage and real-time data processing.
- Artificial Intelligence: the medical professionals who use MyPL expect to monitor their patients and be advised on treatments with good outcomes for similar cases. This explains why Machine Learning and algorithms play a big role in the value proposition.
- Interoperability: for some of its services, MyPL had contracted with software providers in order not to reinvent the wheel and focus on their added value. Thus, the required architecture must facilitate high interoperability.