Energy management networks (electricity, gas, and water) and home automation are currently going through major changes in order to keep up with the diversification of needs of industrial, business and private consumers.
- An increasing number of smart devices dedicated to security
- An increasing rate of energy consumption which requires predictive follow-up for better control and cost reduction
- The emergence of electric vehicles
- The integration of renewable energy sources
The current challenge revolves around designing new equipment that will increase the flexibility and efficiency of networks (smart grid), sensors (index, detector, temperature, humidity, GPS, badge reader, etc.) concentrators / gateways, and information systems (networks, database, follow-up and management applications) which includes information retrieval for the end-user (remote management, follow-up/BI).
Browse a list of IT specialists at Pentalog
|Daily rate||Sign up|
|Daily rate||Sign up|
Our energy management expertise
Pentalog’s expertise with energy management relies on our engineers’ skills and experience in developing both IT and electronic solutions and therefore covers the entire network, from production to use, supervision and management:
- Information gathering: metering (electricity, gas, water etc.), sensors (information encoding and transmission) and alarms (decoding meter and sensor alarms)
- Information transmission: sensor and gateway firmware development, gateway-type local application development and encoding/decoding frames (Wavenis, GSM etc.)
- Information operations: alarm follow-up and processing, sensor management, subscription management, billing, business intelligence (consumption follow-up, forecasts, etc.)
- Related services: testing end-to-end chain solutions
Pentalog has supported several major US and European companies in the energy management (metering) and home automation industries at different network levels.
We have already implemented high-performance solutions that have increased productivity and reduced time-to-market for our clients.
These solutions include: smart grid supervision applications (development and maintenance), firmware maintenance (sensors, gateways) and mobile applications to manage sensors and monitor energy consumption.
Pentalog delivers full-stack engineering services that cover the whole product and service lifecycle.
We have a team of specialists in embedded development who are ready to work on any electronics-related project to implement lower level solutions and ensure communication between heterogeneous elements.
Their knowledge and experience on all network levels, in terms of hardware as well as protocols and software contribute to define the best options in terms of architecture and solutions for your energy management and home automation projects.
In addition, our global presence in complementary time zones allows for 24/7 access to service provision.
- Writing functional and technical specifications
- Developing frame coding and decoding interfaces (IP, Wavenis, GSM etc.)
- Developing interfaces for ensuring communication with other application software
- Developing management solutions for energy networks and home automation equipment
- Setting up a business intelligence platform
- Testing and maintaining both software and hardware solutions, either partially or end-to-end
We’re very happy with the service provided by the QA engineers from Pentalog. Thanks to Pentalog, we have achieved a 70% of automated testing coverage for our APIs. The resources have integrated seamlessly with the internal team, leveraging Azure DevOps and MS Teams for collaboration. Moreover, the team is flexible and responsive, and they find new resources quickly.
Thanks to Pentalog's work, we have witnessed a decrease in the number of bugs. Their speed in communication and resource delivery is impressive.
Thanks to Pentalog's efforts, the time required to complete the IT team has been reduced from months to 2–3 weeks. We were able to quickly integrate efficient developers at a reasonable cost. The team's support has allowed our team to focus more on fundamental issues. In addition, their expertise and professionalism have led to a more efficient workflow.