Once you have chosen the various electronic modules, sensors and energy sources for your product, all of them need to be integrated together.
Then you can check that they work well together and carry out the required operations.
This is the stage when hardware engineering comes into play.
It focuses on cost optimization, product quality improvement, and a contractual guarantee of service quality.
The Pentalog hardware engineering specialists will determine the critical aspects and innovative elements necessary for designing best-of-breed products with the appropriate hardware architecture.
Browse a list of IT specialists at Pentalog
|Daily rate||Sign up|
|Daily rate||Sign up|
Pentalog supports your teams in
- Embedded system design
– Requirements: defining and drafting needs
– Architecture: choosing the right hardware architecture for a module or for the whole product
– Hardware design: proposing the chip design (ASIC/FPGA) for the pre-existing modules and sensors while dramatically reducing costs and complying with standards.
- Hardware integration
The use of various electronic modules, sensors and energy sources, standard or non-standard, must go through an integration stage in order to validate their compatibilities and avoid edge effects.
- Product documentation
All throughout the product life cycle, from development to maintenance, various types of documentation need to be drafted: general specifications, technical specifications, user manuals, maintenance manuals, assembly instructions, catalogs, training documents, security instructions, configuration and installation manuals, etc.
Manufacturing a prototype is a necessary step in creating a product, to test its performance and design as well as to validate the manufacturing process. It also allows you to start the certification procedure. We can support you in creating virtual prototypes as well as manufacturing physical prototypes and testing them.
- Embedded system testing
Pentalog operates on a system based on product verification and validation (V&V):
– Verification: the product is in line with its definition
– Validation: the product fulfills the required needs
- Our teams check products in several stages:
– Compatibility test for each function of the product
– Workload / robustness test
– Testing after software upgrade
– “Flashing” test (updating the product software by using a program created in-house and made available to the client)
– Translation test in all the languages used by the product
– Reporting and storing the results in the client’s database
– Qualisoft testing with a more detailed verification of all the features
– Competitor product testing
– Manufacturing the tested version and delivering it to the customer
– Maintenance test, validation of new software versions
We’re very happy with the service provided by the QA engineers from Pentalog. Thanks to Pentalog, we have achieved a 70% of automated testing coverage for our APIs. The resources have integrated seamlessly with the internal team, leveraging Azure DevOps and MS Teams for collaboration. Moreover, the team is flexible and responsive, and they find new resources quickly.
Thanks to Pentalog's work, we have witnessed a decrease in the number of bugs. Their speed in communication and resource delivery is impressive.
Thanks to Pentalog's efforts, the time required to complete the IT team has been reduced from months to 2–3 weeks. We were able to quickly integrate efficient developers at a reasonable cost. The team's support has allowed our team to focus more on fundamental issues. In addition, their expertise and professionalism have led to a more efficient workflow.