The data are now part of the corporate capital. Their volume increases exponentially along the years and their diversity, which is their richness, must currently be mastered and optimally exploited. First, this data exploitation goes through a good organization stage, then it is processed at the highest level and speed making possible its high quality retrieval required for taking appropriate decisions in ever shorter time frames.
Pentalog’s Business Intelligence and Data Management offer provides you with answers to each of these issues. Our management and data processing specialists are at your service to guide you in matters concerning data structuring, sharing and enhancing your digital assets. In order to do so, we offer you several approaches aimed at providing specific solutions for each context:
- the standard business intelligence approach for extracting, processing and retrieving your financial and production data
- the Big Data approach for large and heterogeneous data volumes
- the Master Data Management approach for the architecture of your information system
Browse a list of IT specialists at Pentalog
|Daily rate||Sign up|
|Daily rate||Sign up|
Intelligent Business & Business Intelligence
The business intelligence (or decision support computing) must no longer be considered as the implementation of a new tool, the only mass production of information or reports. For Pentalog’s 20 BI consultants, it is rather about offering our customers a concept where each indicator must have an impact and effects on your business. To this end, we offer low cost solutions with high added value by using the full strength of the Cloud and of our mixshore services.
We take part in your project at all levels by providing customized solutions:
- in the Design stages: Consulting, analyzing your data, designing the data warehouse
- in the Build stages: data collection, cleansing and consolidation, producing reports
- in the Run stages: hosting your data, providing a flexible and scalable platform which can be accessed in total security wherever you are.
In addition to the implementation of your BI solution, our consultants assist you in a stage which is very often left out: the interpretation of your data. Once your system is operational and in production, it seems indispensable for us to go even further in supporting our customers by offering them an additional mission of understanding their data so that they become autonomous in terms of reporting and able to cross check the good data in order to make the most of the BI solution.
Our consultants are completely agnostic and they will always seek to favor the solution the best adapted to your requirements, starting from the Open Source tools in order to reduce costs.
Big Data STRATEGY
There are no less than 2.5 trillion bytes of data produced every day, including production data, social network data and data related to communication devices. These significant amounts of data have very heterogeneous shapes and sources (videos, tweets, social networks, e-mails, remote data collection etc.). Moreover, it is essential to implement a strategy to enhance and exploit all this information in order to benefit the most from it.
And this is exactly what our consultants, experts in data analysis, deal with based on three major axes:
- Implementing tools in order to benefit from new, previously unexploited data
- Ensure data retrieval in a “reasonable” amount of time
- Calibrate, store and manage high workloads
Make your Data Reliable with Master Data Management
Master Data Management (MDM) lies upstream of business intelligence in the sense that the data output is reliable, meaning unique and qualified. The analyses resulting from the indicators obtained via the BI tools are more relevant. Thus, you enhance this strategic asset consisting of corporate data.
Master Data Management deals with the so-called reference data. It refers to basic information related to corporate activity which is shared by several departments. This information comes from various internal or external sources and it is often duplicated in several tools of the software ecosystem. MDM aims at centralizing each of these data with a view to identify, enrich and render them unique. The referential created in this manner is used for the management and the industrialization of the corporate information system.
The consultants of Pentalog’s Business Intelligence department shall provide all the consulting services and the hindsight needed to implement a service-oriented architecture, integrating the management of corporate strategic and master data:
- Implementing the strategy (roadmap): mapping the repositories, identifying data, defining the roles and responsibilities related to the data
- Defining the target architecture: selecting the tools, creating the repository
- Data porting and standardization: establishing the procedures for data conversion and enrichment, updating the existing applications so that they fully benefit from the effects of these changes
- Implementing a data management system: establishing the process, implementing indicators for measuring the results and engaging in a continuous improvement cycle.
BI in the Cloud: A Cost-Effective Solution for your Company Management
The Business Intelligence solutions require investment in costly resources which, together with the cost of licenses, will ultimately burden to a significant extent the budget allocated to data retrieval. In order to optimize your costs, Pentalog offers a BI service in the Cloud.
By transferring your reporting solution to the Cloud, you will benefit from:
- a scalable and high performance reporting system
- reports accessible from anywhere, anytime
- lower infrastructure costs by renting your platform and paying on a pay-per-use basis
- a flexible infrastructure which can absorb peak loads and is supervised round the clock
- easy ramp-up: you can afford to make mistakes by testing several tools from our store
In addition to infrastructure services, Pentalog offers consulting and implementation services for your solution with a team which takes responsibility for creating your abstraction layers, reports or OLAP cubes in order to view your data from all angles.
Your data from the Pentalog Cloud are directly loaded into your data warehouse via the loading tool of your choice. As for the data which are not in the Cloud, such as your production, accounting or HR data, Pentalog allows you to benefit from the back up in order to save them in your data warehouse which is located in the Cloud.
Thus, you will benefit from a double service while saving bandwidth (data transfer is made per block, not per file):
- the backup of your data to a private Cloud
- the transfer of your production data to your Business Intelligence system
We’re very happy with the service provided by the QA engineers from Pentalog. Thanks to Pentalog, we have achieved a 70% of automated testing coverage for our APIs. The resources have integrated seamlessly with the internal team, leveraging Azure DevOps and MS Teams for collaboration. Moreover, the team is flexible and responsive, and they find new resources quickly.
Thanks to Pentalog's work, we have witnessed a decrease in the number of bugs. Their speed in communication and resource delivery is impressive.
Thanks to Pentalog's efforts, the time required to complete the IT team has been reduced from months to 2–3 weeks. We were able to quickly integrate efficient developers at a reasonable cost. The team's support has allowed our team to focus more on fundamental issues. In addition, their expertise and professionalism have led to a more efficient workflow.