The growing complexity of software development makes it impossible to create applications that are completely bug-free. As a result, when assessing software quality, companies must choose what’s most important — speed, load performance, security, scalability or robustness, and testing methods have evolved accordingly.
The quality of validations performed by IT specialists can help to ensure the success of a software application among users.
This development phase is critical; only the most knowledgeable IT professionals can guarantee the quality of your deliverables
Our team delivers 300 projects a year
Les Parqueteurs De France Pentalog moves les Parqueteurs de France to the cloud
Stokkly Development of a B2B Marketplace Private online sales of excess inventory
Netizencall Launch of a call center
Pentalog offers a range of information system testing services that cover the full spectrum of software testing. We set up a dedicated team with a Scrum Master or project manager, QA testers, and test automation engineers that will complete all of your project’s application qualification and checking processes.
Once the first phase (defining the requirement, learning the functional details, and writing the procedures) is finished remotely or on location, we begin the production phase. At the end of the production phase, the final retrieval phase allows us to measure the testing results.
While assembling the dedicated software testing team, we also set up the necessary infrastructure for developing the project (tools and platforms).
Our teams provide the following application testing services:
- Functional tests: third-party software validation, integration tests, non-regression tests
- Technical testing: developing unit tests, performance tests, robustness tests, vulnerability tests
- Testing platforms: setting up virtual platforms for qualifying a software application in several environments
With over 25 years of experience collaborating with major software publishers and other industry innovators in MedTech, EdTech, automotive, real estate, smart energy and more, we’ve built strong teams and defined efficient testing procedures that ensure a quality product for our clients at every stage of their IT development project.
Our testing teams will work with you to meet your quality and performance goals.
Pentalog’s functional testing teams deliberately exclude developers from the testing process to make sure it’s not compromised or influenced in any way. We train our QA specialists on our software testing methods to guarantee fully functional coverage of your application and meet your specifications.
Our development teams have automated technical testing procedures for every application. Our tools generate reports that provide transparency in code quality, code coverage, and compliance with coding rules defined in the technical specifications.
Types of software testing
We distinguish among 2 general categories to define testing:
Functional Tests: Downstream – After completing technical testing, the project owner performs functional tests based on detailed functional specification. Functional tests include functional integration tests to confirm that the application modules function correctly, and acceptance tests, (also called “validation”) which confirm that features outlined in the project specifications are included in the developed application.
Technical Testing: Upstream – The developers and testing teams perform technical tests. Following the rules defined at the beginning of the project, the developers write the scripts confirming whether a software function fully matches the technical specifications. Technical integration tests validate that assembled modules communicate well together, and information flows are correctly processed. A team of testers also ensures the robustness of the application.
Other types of tests include:
- Non-regression tests confirm that a specific software module update has not triggered other technical issues outside of the project scope, especially development tasks completed in extreme programming,
- Performance tests confirm that the software performs as expected in all application load conditions.
- Vulnerability tests ensure software security.
- Robustness tests guarantee the application’s stability over time.
How we do it
We’ve established the following quality assurance organization:
1) Establishing Environments:
- Platform preparation
- Defining the configuration management rules
- Development of the test strategy
- Verification of data scope & Missing Solution Search
- Definition of control points
- Reporting template development
3) The specifications:
- Writing of test cases
- Testing of each version
- Execution of test cases and scenarios
- Reporting errors identified in the bug tracking tool
- Reason analysis and error correction
This step is repetitive and ends when the acceptance criterion is reached.
5) Closing Activities:
- Regular reports sent to the client
- Process review and identifying items that did not work
- Search for improvement solutions
We ensure the quality of your digital product.
With the arrival of automated testing, we went from 100% manual testing to 50% in five years.
We recommend automatic testing on SAAS or web platforms that have regular releases.
Reach out to us,
describe your project
Choose a development category