Why Choose Mexico as an IT Outsourcing Destination
IT outsourcing in Mexico is an idea worth exploring if you’re looking to hire skilled software engineers at competitive rates.
Mexico has rapidly grown into a globally competitive market in the information technology outsourcing industry and a dynamic business hub, offering a convenient location and time zone for clients in both Silicon Valley and New York.
The country is the second-largest economy in Latin America and among the world’s 15 largest economies. According to Kearny Global Services Location Index, in 2019, Mexico was number 11 of the 50 best countries to provide IT.
Browse a List of IT Specialists at Pentalog
|Daily rate||Sign up|
|Daily rate||Sign up|
Consider outsourcing to Mexico as an alternative to the shortage of tech talent in your country. Many American and Canadian companies have already migrated toward Mexican software development specialists – they’re highly tech proficient, cost-effective, fluent in English, and have a similar culture.
Mexico’s talent pool is impressive: there are currently around 500,000 IT professionals, and the numbers are continually growing as more Mexicans get engineering degrees – even more than Canadians or Germans! As the country continues to invest in STEM education and encourage the IT industry, by 2035, Mexico is on track to become one of the world’s top 20 countries for post-secondary education.
Reasons for Outsourcing Software Development to Mexico
- Cost-Effectiveness: Mexico is a “middle cost” country with lower hiring rates for developers than the U.S. Mexico’s rates are similar to Romania, Moldova, Poland, and Ukraine for their ReactJS or AngularJS needs.
Average daily rates per Front-End & Back-End Developers in several outsourcing locations:
|Front-End/Back-End Developer||USD 360
Companies can save up to 70% in labor costs when nearshoring to Mexico, depending on profile type and seniority.
- Proximity to the US is the most important reason for outsourcing software development to Mexico. There are more than 300 daily flights from the U.S. to Mexico, with no travel restrictions and short-haul flights, saving you time and money when meeting face-to-face with an outsourced team (compared to an Asian IT Outsourcing destination). Besides the ease of travel, cultural similarities with the U.S., a convenient time zone difference, and English proficiency make Mexico a favorable choice for both East and West Coast clients, as it allows interaction with the outsourced teams during almost all their working hours.
|US East Coast||-1||+7||+7||+11|
|US West Coast||+2||+10||+10||+14|
According to the ″Mexico: Nearshore Leadership Amid Shifting Realities″ whitepaper, Mexico is the top country in Latin America for ease of doing business. Highlighting the key factors for American companies that have outsourced to Mexico, proximity emerged at the leader by a large margin.
- Technical Talent. With more than 120 universities and technical schools, Mexico is a world leader in computer science graduates, and the world’s third-largest exporter of IT services behind India and China. In 2015, the country produced 114,000 engineering graduates compared to 120,000 in the United States.
- NAFTA membership provides an added advantage for any American company wishing to outsource its IT to Mexico. The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) allows the flow of non-tariffed goods and services. It also protects intellectual property rights (patent protection), as well as a strong IP regime.
Extending its global presence in Latin America, Pentalog has launched a Delivery Center in Guadalajara, Mexico’s “Silicon Valley.” Guadalajara is the main producer of software, electronic and digital components in Mexico and comprises 62% of Jalisco’s IT workforce.
We have projects in multiple fields, including mobile development, IoT, data science, machine learning, SaaS, health, education, business, MedTech, FinTech, and more. Our team of IT specialists is constantly growing and is eager to take on new challenges.
Our programmers are versed in a wide range of technology tools and frameworks: React, Python, .NET, Azure, AWS, NodeJS, Angular, GraphQL, Golang, iOS/Swift, Android/Kotlin, UI/UX. They’re also experienced in mobile apps, Lean, DevOps methods, and Agile methodologies.
Pentalog’s Guadalajara teams have a high level of seniority and a valuable tech expertise on projects in multiple sectors.
Guadalajara is a little slice of heaven where, proportionally, there are a higher number of front-end developers than other countries, with slightly lower market prices.
Outsourcing IT services in Guadalajara, especially to Pentalog’s delivery center, comes with some interesting perks:
- Excellent service quality at competitive prices
- The cultural affinity of IT professionals versed in the American way of doing business
- Accessible scaling of large teams that comes with cost advantage
Pentalog is a one stop shop for design thinking, UI/UX, code nearshoring, tech consulting, growth hacking, and IT recruitment.
Pentalog provides services in:
- IT engineering and lean product development in Central & Eastern Europe, Asia, and Latin America
- Strategic consulting (technology choices, security auditing, etc.)
- UX/UI design and growth marketing services
- IT skills assessment, IT recruitment and freelancing services by SkillValue
- Startup funding services by Pentalabbs
- Access to 1,200+ Agile IT engineers and a talent pool of 400,000 IT specialists
- 100% Agile project management
- ISO 9001 certified software quality.
Working with Pentalog helped us significantly, they responded really well to the urgency of the situation. After just one week we had found a qualified freelancer to undertake our mission. The platform gave us support and guidance right through the selection and administration process, so that the mission could run as smoothly as possible.
We were convinced by Pentalog’s approach: advice from a CTO to help us architect our solution, 2 freelancers and support to find funding. In addition, we were seduced by the price of courses but especially by the implementation time: 2 months instead of 5 or 6 months if we were on a development from scratch.
Working with Pentalog is very reassuring. As their CTO had worked with us on prior improvements to the app, I didn’t think twice about calling on them again when I found out that the first developer was unavailable. Four days later they had found someone equally competent and we didn’t have to worry about the admin side of things. The platform gave us support and guidance right through the mission from start to finish, to make sure it ran as smoothly as possible.