Many companies in Western Europe and North America have already chosen to outsource their IT services to Romania, one of the top European software outsourcing destinations. The abundance of professional, multilingual talent, which you can contract at the right price-to-quality ratio, makes IT outsourcing to Romania a long-term advantageous business decision.
Also known as “the Outsourcing Valley of Europe” for BPO, ITO, and software development, Romania has become a thriving center for technology services, popular for service quality.
What’s Romania’s competitive advantage in the region? According to the European Tech State Report, the country’s tech workforce, one of the largest in Europe, ranks higher than the Netherlands, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, or Hungary.
Browse a List of IT Specialists at Pentalog
Romania – The Favorite Offshore Location in Europe
When choosing a country for outsourcing your software development projects, make sure you know its potential to bring critical added value to your business.
Here are some of the most important advantages of IT outsourcing to Romania:
- Large talent pool – Romania has the largest number of certified IT specialists in Europe.
- Multilingual skills – Most Romanian IT professionals speak English, and many also speak French, Hungarian, and German.
- Time convenience – Romania is ideally located in the GMT+2 time zone, enabling easy, real-time collaboration and communication with all European companies. Developers can also work efficiently with U.S. clients during the day (2-3 hours of overlap).
- Ease of travel – Romania is easy to reach with a 1-2-hour flight from London or Frankfurt. Several major cities have international airports.
- Internet connection – Romania’s broadband internet ranks fourth in the world in terms of average download speed.
- Competitive prices – In May 2020, the average net salaries of Romanian employees working in the data technology sector were about RON 7,800 (EUR 1,600) in May 2020, the highest in the Romanian economy, but among the lowest in the IT industry worldwide.
Gain Access to World-Class Capabilities
According to the National Institute of Statistics, the IT industry in Romania has over 110,000 active employees, which accounts for 20% of the total IT&C employees in Central and Eastern Europe. Forty-six percent of all Romanian IT professionals are based in Bucharest, 12% in Cluj, 9% in Timisoara, and 6% in Iasi.
At least eight regional IT hubs country-wide attract foreign investors in search of skilled IT specialists and affordability.
Romanian web developers were the most sought after in 2019, followed by specialists in Java, .NET, Nodejs, PHP, Python, and Ruby, according to a Stack Overflow report on the Central and Eastern Europe Developer Landscape.
Companies can save up to 50% – 60% in labor costs when outsourcing to Romania, depending on the developer’s profile type and seniority.
IT Outsourcing Romania: Kick-off Your Software Project with Pentalog
- Various price levels
- A broad range of technical skills
- A culturally similar environment
- An optimal time zone difference for European clients
Pentalog has been active in Romania since 2000 and is a key player for both nearshore and offshore partnerships. Clients appreciate our delivery centers for their commitment, flexibility, and high level of expertise.
At Pentalog, we rely on:
- A talent pool of 400,000 IT-tested profiles
- 1,300 engineers under a permanent work contract
- 8 production centers in Central & Eastern Europe (Romania, Moldova and France), one in Vietnam, one in Mexico and one in Morocco
- ISO 9001: 2008 certification for all of our delivery centers
- Facilities in Europe, America, Asia and Africa with at least one office located right next to you wherever you operate
Count on Pentalog’s digital service platform to quickly locate the right outsourcing team and provide all the necessary support for launching your project in Romania.
We’re very happy with the service provided by the QA engineers from Pentalog. Thanks to Pentalog, we have achieved a 70% of automated testing coverage for our APIs. The resources have integrated seamlessly with the internal team, leveraging Azure DevOps and MS Teams for collaboration. Moreover, the team is flexible and responsive, and they find new resources quickly.
Thanks to Pentalog's work, we have witnessed a decrease in the number of bugs. Their speed in communication and resource delivery is impressive.
Thanks to Pentalog's efforts, the time required to complete the IT team has been reduced from months to 2–3 weeks. We were able to quickly integrate efficient developers at a reasonable cost. The team's support has allowed our team to focus more on fundamental issues. In addition, their expertise and professionalism have led to a more efficient workflow.