Many companies in Western Europe and North America have already chosen to outsource their IT services to Romania, one of the top European software outsourcing destinations. The abundance of professional, multilingual talent, which you can contract at the right price-to-quality ratio, makes IT outsourcing to Romania a long-term advantageous business decision.
Also known as “the Outsourcing Valley of Europe” for BPO, ITO, and software development, Romania has become a thriving center for technology services, popular for service quality.
What’s Romania’s competitive advantage in the region? According to the European Tech State Report, the country’s tech workforce, one of the largest in Europe, ranks higher than the Netherlands, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, or Hungary.
Browse a List of IT Specialists at Pentalog
Full Stack Developer
|Daily rate||Sign up|
|Daily rate||Sign up|
Romania – The Favorite Offshore Location in Europe
When choosing a country for outsourcing your software development projects, make sure you know its potential to bring critical added value to your business.
Here are some of the most important advantages of IT outsourcing to Romania:
- Large talent pool – Romania has the largest number of certified IT specialists in Europe.
- Multilingual skills – Most Romanian IT professionals speak English, and many also speak French, Hungarian, and German.
- Time convenience – Romania is ideally located in the GMT+2 time zone, enabling easy, real-time collaboration and communication with all European companies. Developers can also work efficiently with U.S. clients during the day (2-3 hours of overlap).
- Ease of travel – Romania is easy to reach with a 1-2-hour flight from London or Frankfurt. Several major cities have international airports.
- Internet connection – Romania’s broadband internet ranks fourth in the world in terms of average download speed.
- Competitive prices – In May 2020, the average net salaries of Romanian employees working in the data technology sector were about RON 7,800 (EUR 1,600) in May 2020, the highest in the Romanian economy, but among the lowest in the IT industry worldwide.
Gain Access to World-Class Capabilities
According to the National Institute of Statistics, the IT industry in Romania has over 110,000 active employees, which accounts for 20% of the total IT&C employees in Central and Eastern Europe. Forty-six percent of all Romanian IT professionals are based in Bucharest, 12% in Cluj, 9% in Timisoara, and 6% in Iasi.
At least eight regional IT hubs country-wide attract foreign investors in search of skilled IT specialists and affordability.
Romanian web developers were the most sought after in 2019, followed by specialists in Java, .NET, Nodejs, PHP, Python, and Ruby, according to a Stack Overflow report on the Central and Eastern Europe Developer Landscape.
Companies can save up to 50% – 60% in labor costs when outsourcing to Romania, depending on the developer’s profile type and seniority.
IT Outsourcing Romania: Kick-off Your Software Project with Pentalog
- Various price levels
- A broad range of technical skills
- A culturally similar environment
- An optimal time zone difference for European clients
Pentalog has been active in Romania since 2000 and is a key player for both nearshore and offshore partnerships. Clients appreciate our delivery centers for their commitment, flexibility, and high level of expertise.
At Pentalog, we rely on:
- A talent pool of 400,000 IT-tested profiles
- 1,200 engineers under a permanent work contract
- 8 production centers in Central & Eastern Europe (Romania, Moldova and Poland), one in Vietnam, and one in Mexico
- ISO 9001: 2008 certification for all of our delivery centers
- Facilities in Europe, America and Asia with at least one office located right next to you wherever you operate
Count on Pentalog’s digital service platform to quickly locate the right outsourcing team and provide all the necessary support for launching your project in Romania.
Working with Pentalog helped us significantly, they responded really well to the urgency of the situation. After just one week we had found a qualified freelancer to undertake our mission. The platform gave us support and guidance right through the selection and administration process, so that the mission could run as smoothly as possible.
We were convinced by Pentalog’s approach: advice from a CTO to help us architect our solution, 2 freelancers and support to find funding. In addition, we were seduced by the price of courses but especially by the implementation time: 2 months instead of 5 or 6 months if we were on a development from scratch.
Working with Pentalog is very reassuring. As their CTO had worked with us on prior improvements to the app, I didn’t think twice about calling on them again when I found out that the first developer was unavailable. Four days later they had found someone equally competent and we didn’t have to worry about the admin side of things. The platform gave us support and guidance right through the mission from start to finish, to make sure it ran as smoothly as possible.